SOLVED HBA stuck with kernal VFIO driver

platinumjsi

Dabbler
So I removed a GPU from my system that I had passed through to a VM today and on reboot the system could not detect my drives.
A friend has run me through a few things and it appears the HBA is using the Kernal VFIO driver.
I tried putting the GPU back in and everything works again.
The GPU is not however seen now under GPU isolation so I cant seem to fully remove it now.
Any idea how I can fully remove the passthrough which seems to be stuck somewhere and get the system to boot and function without the GPU?

Thanks

platinumjsi

Dabbler
Cheers, fixed it now.
For anyone coming from Google in the future:
I had to plug in a different GPU to the one I was originally using, this one showed up in GPU isolation, I enabled it and rebooted, I then removed it from GPU isolation and rebooted again, I then powered down the machine pulled the GPU and all is good.

duncandoo

Cadet
Cheers, fixed it now.
For anyone coming from Google in the future:
I had to plug in a different GPU to the one I was originally using, this one showed up in GPU isolation, I enabled it and rebooted, I then removed it from GPU isolation and rebooted again, I then powered down the machine pulled the GPU and all is good.
Thank you very much. This worked for me too. It is turn-it-off-and-turn-it-back-on-again.

Note to self: make sure the GPU is un-isolated before removing it.

I've noticed that a lot of reboots seem to make things work when changing networking settings, but didn't think of it for this problem until I saw your post.