Gitea on FreeNAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvassar

Guru
Has anyone tried setting up Gitea in a jail on FreeNAS? Requires Go. Might be a good candidate for Docker rather than a jail.

https://gitea.io/en-US/

Just seems natural to put on the NAS rather that off on a VM. Am I begging for trouble?

gt2416

Patron
Theres a pkg and a port for gitea.
So pkg install gitea should work inside a jail. Make a iocage jail and try it.

iocage create -n gitea -r 11.1-RELEASE ip4_addr="vnet0|192.168.1.11/24" defaultrouter="192.168.1.2" vnet="on" allow_raw_sockets="1" boot="on"

iocage console gitea

pkg install gitea

Lets edit the gitea config.
Scroll down to [server] and change HTTP_ADDR=127.0.0.1 to your ip. You can change any other server settings here as well.

nano /usr/local/etc/gitea/conf/app.ini

sysrc gitea_enable=YES

service gitea start

It should be available on the ip you set and by default port 3000

Last edited:

rvassar

Guru
Theres a pkg and a port for gitea.
So pkg install gitea should work inside a jail. Make a iocage jail and try it.

iocage create -n gitea -r 11.1-RELEASE ip4_addr="vnet0|192.168.1.11/24" defaultrouter="192.168.1.2" vnet="on" allow_raw_sockets="1" boot="on"

Wow, that looks pretty simple. I'll give it a try after dinner!

rvassar

Guru
Just to follow up... I was not successful in my initial attempt. I appeared to get a jail, but also got Python stack traces complaining about "KeyError: 'vnet_interfaces'". It could be getting crossed up with my Plex jail, and/or I may need to create the jail from the UI.

I have not made another attempt because I suspect I need to read up on Jails a bit more, and I just ordered an HBA, which will have me shuffling hardware. I do intend to try again.

anmnz

Patron
I appeared to get a jail, but also got Python stack traces complaining about "KeyError: 'vnet_interfaces'".

That's one of the recent iocage networking bugs, not your fault. :)

There is a thread somewhere here that suggests updating to the most recent version of iocage from GitHub to fix this. It worked for me, though there are obvious risks.

gt2416

Patron
I would not recommend updating iocage to fix this issue. It will probably affect smooth updating in the future. Also considering FreeNAS 11.2 has its own branch for iocage to make it easy for them to implement, I REALLY advise against using any iocage version that did not come with FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.