From FreeNAS 11.3 to TrueNAS Core 12 - Upgrade Stories

viniciusferrao

Contributor
I'm just now getting into the log files. There are a few APD handle created with lock.
Its a basic 2 extents with 2 path MPIO on 2 subnets.
Thank you very much for the help but I'll need to start a new thread to cover everything in proper detail.

I had not thought of that and double checked my ctl.conf as soon as you mentioned it. It was an excellent idea.

Hmmm iSCSI disconnects? Take a look at my issue here: https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/freenas-now-truenas-is-no-longer-stable.89445/

iposner

Explorer
Fixed in U1.
Upgraded to U1. Not fixed. Now I see the horizontal lines indicating Y-axis major values but no graph lines indicating the values that should be displayed. The legend together with values appears on the right.

Redcoat

MVP

q/pa

Explorer
Upgrade 11.3-U5 (GELI encryption) to TrueNAS-12.0-U1 went smoothly.

Upgrading the first of my jails needed some attention. I had to manually copy the files libssl.so.8 and libcrypto.so.8 from my backup into the jail directories
/root/usr/lib/ and /root/usr/lib32/ (libssl.so.8)
/root/lib/ and /root/usr/lib32/ (libcrypto.so.8)
to make nginx start.

fireheadman

Dabbler
Has anyone had any issue(s) with Virtual Machines (running ubuntu) going from FreeNas 11.3-U5 to TruNas 12.0-U6.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Has anyone had any issue(s) with Virtual Machines (running ubuntu) going from FreeNas 11.3-U5 to TruNas 12.0-U6.
No, none at all. Using VMs since the release that must not be named. Never a problem.

But ...

All my Ubuntu VMs don't run any graphical environment.
I never use the builtin VNC after initial installation.
Not even for Windows.
I only use SSH (Ubuntu) and RDP (Windows) to connect.
All virtual devices, disks and network interfaces are VirtIO in all guests.

HTH,
Patrick

diskdiddler

Wizard

I don't think I had a VM in 11 (but I could be wrong) but I can definitely confirm a Ubuntu 20.04 Server VM is my bread and butter on my Core system and it works wonderfully.

fireheadman

Dabbler
thanks for the quick responses... both are the perfect answers i was looking for