FreeNAS unexpected and sudden restart

okynnor

Explorer
My bad, I should be more specific in my instructions, this one should be copypaste-able from anywhere in the shell:
grep -i panic /var/db/system/ixdiagnose/ixdiagnose/crash/info*

But anyways, this is your panic string:
Panic String: I/O to pool 'MybooksVolume' appears to be hung on vdev guid 16849957480317237995 at '/dev/gptid/85ec03d5-7af9-11e7-9214-1078d29b61a3'.

For some reason I/O got stuck and FreeNAS rebooted itself. This could be hardware or driver related, I am afraid I can't tell you much more....

before you insightful reply, I decided to take a look at the amount of free space available for this iSCSI mount. I found out that there was only 2GB remaining free. Would you think that no free space is the reason that the I/O get stuck and FreeNAS rebooted itself?

ps1: I have since freed up more space in this particular mount and am monitoring.

ps2: Is there any option to increase the mount size for iScsi mount? Rather than filling using this thread to discuss this topic, how about giving me a link or thread that will help me out?

Thanks!!

okynnor

Explorer
I've noticed that the restarts are still occurring. One thing I noticed is that the connection/Storage repository in iSCSI has not been working as it should. I noticed that in FreeNAS, under "Authorized Access" secret, the secret has been lost and when I try to retype it, it won't save. Is there a reason for this? I think this maybe the problem because XCP-NG is reporting that can't connect to iSCSI. I suspect that this is the root of the problem.

styno

Patron
I've noticed that the restarts are still occurring.
Well yes, unless you did something to resolve the issue it's not going to magically disappear.
I think this maybe the problem because XCP-NG is reporting that can't connect to iSCSI. I suspect that this is the root of the problem.
I don't have any experience with ISCSI on FreeNAS maybe someone else can shine in.