(freeNAS error 19) Mounting from ufs:/dev/ufs/FreeNASs1a fail with error 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zohaib

Dabbler
Hi all,

I am trying to installed FreeNAS 9.2.1.5 on HDD of Dell PowerEdge r720XD After successful installation on first reboot i am error:

Mounting from ufs:/dev/ufs/FreeNASs1a fail with error 19
0njf.jpg

Then i tried to install on USB successfully installed but cant boot because dell server have some issue while booting from USB.

(Keep in mind: I already installed FreeNAS on my HDD (but was getting error 19) and Now Installed on USB as well (but that is not booting)). I reboot my Server then successfully boot without any error from my HDD but if i remove USB and then try to boot it again stuck on error 19.

Why FreeNAS showing this behavior and what should i do, go with this HDD USB combo solution or keep searching about error 19??

cyberjock

Inactive Account
error 19 is usually a hardware failure or hardware that isn't compatible with the drivers or OS. Your options are quite limited at this point if you are getting error 19s. :/

Zohaib

Dabbler
thanks for response, so what should it means. I leave setup as USB and HDD combo and start configuring volumes. It will be OK. I thing FreeNAS is booting from HDD and Mounting root from USB stick correct me if i am wrong

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Not sure. If it is you're pretty much expecting a nightmare from something that uses one device to start booting and another to finish. You can expect major problems if you choose to stick with this hardware and it really is working that way. Definitely upgrading FreeNAS is out of the question from the WebGUI as well as the ISO, so your options are very limited(and screwy) to say the least.

Zohaib

Dabbler
Not sure. If it is you're pretty much expecting a nightmare from something that uses one device to start booting and another to finish. You can expect major problems if you choose to stick with this hardware and it really is working that way. Definitely upgrading FreeNAS is out of the question from the WebGUI as well as the ISO, so your options are very limited(and screwy) to say the least.
Yes its working, I tested upgrade as well. Its working I am unable to figure it out why this weird behavior. Every thing looks fine on this combo but not sure how it will work in future or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.