Finally got Radarr,Sonarr,Sabnzbd,Emby working in an IOCAGE jail

Dwight Turner

Explorer
I installed all of them in same jail with pkg and it seems to be rolling flawlessly.

Anyone see an isue with all 3 being in the same jail?

old setup warden jail installed with pbi:
sabnzbd
sickrage
couchpotato
plex

new iocage setup installed with pkg:
radarr
sonarr
sabnzdb
emby

happy with new setup for real!!

permissions gave me such a headache OMG I am such a noob at all this!

scrappy

Patron
Nothing wrong with rolling everything into one jail per se, but many users prefer to segregate programs into separate jails for security purposes. If some bad actor from the outside found their way into your jail through a sickrage exploit and gains root access inside your jail then suddenly the bad guy can literrally do anything within that one jail - only being limited to the security protocols that are set for the jail by the FreeNAS host e.g., raw sockets enabled or not, read/write access to the host datasets.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Not at all. I keep my downloaders (Radarr, Sonarr, SABnzbd, etc.) in a separate jail from my Plex installation, but that's more out of habit than anything else.

Dwight Turner

Explorer
yes , it just made the permissions for me me a lot easier it seems . ill let it run for a while then retire my old warden jails i have been running for years!

Quicksilv3r

Dabbler
I installed all of them in same jail with pkg and it seems to be rolling flawlessly.

old setup warden jail installed with pbi:
sabnzbd
sickrage
couchpotato
plex

new iocage setup installed with pkg:
radarr
sonarr
sabnzdb
emby

happy with new setup for real!!

permissions gave me such a headache OMG I am such a noob at all this!
I know this thread is almost a year old, I’m glad you got it all setup, I’ve been using FreeNas for about 18 months now, but doing the bare minimum and I’ve been trying to setup everything you have, I’ve got everything installed and setup, but like you, I’m stuck with permissions. I’m beyond lost how to make everything connect and download and create files/folders. I need the beyond dummies guide to the permissions haha

sretalla