[How-To] emby iocage jail installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

csjjpm

Contributor
Errors with make. This is what happened last time before I destroyed and rebuilt.

Stop.
make[5]: stopped in /usr/ports/x11-servers/xorg-vfbserver
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[4]: stopped in /usr/ports/x11-servers/xorg-vfbserver
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[3]: stopped in /usr/ports/lang/mono
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[2]: stopped in /usr/ports/lang/mono
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/multimedia/emby-server
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/multimedia/emby-server

adrianwi

Guru
Not sure if you worked this out, but I've added an update at the top which uses a pkg method emby have just communicated on their forum here

blubberor

Dabbler
would be great if you could add how to configure IPv6 support for iocage. where to get the valuables from....

adrianwi

Guru
Sorry, no idea about IPv6 so you'll need to come up with your own solution for that!

blubberor

Dabbler
Sorry, no idea about IPv6 so you'll need to come up with your own solution for that!
Thanks so.
will be a big topic for any jail but so far I have not seen a detailed solution...
hope there will be soon a how to. getting confused by iocage - most of the configuration worked in Freenas 11.1 for me.

adrianwi

Guru

blubberor

Dabbler
internally in the shell this command still works..

ifconfig epair0b inet6 <IP> prefixlen 64

but this would not update once the IP changes...and it does not show up in the router. only in the jail- for whatever reason I can access it though via the browser. so I would love to configure it correctly for Freenas...

thanks though!

SavageAUS

Patron
Can you please write a new guide using the Emby .json that you linked as I can’t get emby to start with the jail or manually. And keeping the config out of the jail for easy rebuilds.

adrianwi

Guru
It looks like the .json file is going to be the way to go, and I will update the guide once the dust has settled.

Much of it is still relevant, but the section below will effectively replace the Create iocage Jail and Configure Jail sections:

Create Jail (emby-server) from .json file

FreeNAS CLI

Code:
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MediaBrowser/iocage-amd64/master/emby-server.json
iocage fetch -P --name emby-server.json ip4_addr="vtnet0|192.168.122.3/24"

Replace vtnet0 with your primary network interface (ifconfig will print them). Replace 192.168.122.3 and 24 with the IP and netmask you desire (should be different from that of your FreeNAS box). You can edit this afterwards in the jail configuration interface, but since the plugin needs internet access to install, the initial configuration should be valid.

After installation, I would restart the jail before creating the folders inside the jail and mounting your media datasets into the jail.

Code:
iocage restart emby-server
iocage console emby-server

Updating

FreeNAS CLI

Code:
iocage console emby-server
service emby-server stop
pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/3.6.0.2/emby-server-freebsd_3.6.0.2_amd64.txz
service emby-server start

Change the https:// location to the version you want to install, latest links can be found here

William Bravin

Contributor
hello all I am a newbie with regards to freenas. I am not familiar with CLI and more comfortable with a GUI set up. as i am running freenas 11.2 rc1 I managed to install emby and now i need to understand how to load my data so as emby can sees it and publish it.

I Have 3 data sets in my freenas and they are (my movies), (my tv shows), (my music).

Once i go to jails > mount data sets >i select one of my data sets as a source (/mnt/Media1/My\040Movies) and then as destinastion i select (/mnt/iocage/jails/emby/root/media) yet i do no see any data in emby what am i doing wrong? or what step am i missing.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Last edited:

Zwck

Patron
hello all I am a newbie with regards to freenas. I am not familiar with CLI and more comfortable with a GUI set up. as i am running freenas 11.2 rc1 I managed to install emby and now i need to understand how to load my data so as emby can sees it and publish it.

I Have 3 data sets in my freenas and they are (my movies), (my tv shows), (my music).

Once i go to jails > mount data sets >i select one of my data sets as a source (/mnt/Media1/My\040Movies) and then as destinastion i select (/mnt/iocage/jails/emby/root/media) yet i do no see any data in emby what am i doing wrong? or what step am i missing.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

YOu can use the GUI to mount your datasets to the installation. I typically install emby via CLI and add the mount via GUI.

Stop the jail, hit the 3 dots, click add mount points.
similar to the image
asdasdasdasdasdasd.PNG

William Bravin

Contributor
YOu can use the GUI to mount your datasets to the installation. I typically install emby via CLI and add the mount via GUI.

Stop the jail, hit the 3 dots, click add mount points.
similar to the image View attachment 26438

Thank you for your response this is how i did it and the 2 lines i wrote correspond to the input you show yet to no avail

Zwck

Patron
would you mind doing me a favor and trying this

mount at first one folder

/mnt/Media1/ > /mnt/iocage/jails/emby/root/media

William Bravin

Contributor
would you mind doing me a favor and trying this

mount at first one folder

/mnt/Media1/ > /mnt/iocage/jails/emby/root/media

Thank you for your reply

this is what i get when i try this and try to start the jail

mount: /mnt/Media1: Operation not supported by device jail: /sbin/mount -t None -o rw /mnt/Media1 /mnt/iocage/jails/emby/root/media: failed

what am i doing incorrectly

Zwck

Patron
Would you mind performing some task for me:

use the shell button on the left hand side

type: cd /mnt
type: ls -la

come back with the readout

William Bravin

Contributor
Would you mind performing some task for me:

use the shell button on the left hand side

type: cd /mnt
type: ls -la

come back with the readout
Thank you

this is what i get
drwxr-xr-x 5 root wheel 256 november 3 .
drwxr-xr-x 20 root wheel 27 november 3 ..
drwxr-xr-x 9 root wheel 10 november 6 iocage
-wr-r--r-- 1 root wheel 5 october 29 md_size
drwxr-xr-x 2 wbravin users 512 november 6 media1
drwxr-xr-x 6 root wheel 7 november 3 media1

I do not know what any of this means

thank for your help and patience

Zwck

Patron
Hi, so when you type in path it is generally case sensitive.

Try mounting
/mnt/media1/ > /mnt/iocage/jails/emby/root/media

In the GUI you could select the proper folder with the browse button instead of typing

Zwck

Patron
Thank you
stuff

a I created a small video on how to install the beta version (which is what i prefer to use, since they updated the data structure), it is a couple of CLI commands you have to perform. You can give that a try.
https://streamable.com/72jah here is the small gif/video (I made the video on the beta branch of freenas so a lot of mounting folders show up that are hidden now so you dont need to worry about it)

and the representative post on the emby forum
https://emby.media/community/index....reenas-package-for-testing/page-7#entry619899

William Bravin

Contributor
a I created a small video on how to install the beta version (which is what i prefer to use, since they updated the data structure), it is a couple of CLI commands you have to perform. You can give that a try.
https://streamable.com/72jah here is the small gif/video (I made the video on the beta branch of freenas so a lot of mounting folders show up that are hidden now so you don't need to worry about it)

and the representative post on the emby forum
https://emby.media/community/index....reenas-package-for-testing/page-7#entry619899

Thank you for your video I looks interesting however it's too fast for me to follow and too small fonts to read. I do understand what you are doing and i presume you get the line items from the second link is this correct.
rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.