[How-To] emby iocage jail installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwck

Patron
You can full screen the video and pause of course, also yes the commands are in this other post.

I can post them here later in a more generalized form if needed

William Bravin

Contributor
You can full screen the video and pause of course, also yes the commands are in this other post.

I can post them here later in a more generalized form if needed

as always thank you for your response.

I just ended up uninstalling and re-installing the plugin. and it resolved the issue. Once again thank you for putting up with me. This is the error i get once a start a jail after mount points the data sets

mount: /mnt/Media1: Operation not supported by device jail: /sbin/mount -t None -o rw /mnt/Media1 /mnt/iocage/jails/emby/root/media: failed

rgds

Zwck

Patron
I think the issue is/was that /mnt/Media1 is actually /mnt/media1 (not a capitalized M)

William Bravin

Contributor
I think the issue is/was that /mnt/Media1 is actually /mnt/media1 (not a capitalized M)

thenk you for your prompt response
hi tried to change it to lower case to no avail. i still get the same error. it seems to me that somehow we need tp tell the jail where to find data and then sync it before starting the jail and manage emby

Zwck

Patron
Thats exacly what you do when you link your storage to the jail in the GUI

William Bravin

Contributor
how do i do this ? because i do follow the procedure as you outlined but it does not work for me.

Zwck

Patron
ok try the following.

delete emby jail!

start from scratch:

open a shell, or use the shell tab:

type the follwoing and or copy and paste:
Code:

cd /tmp
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bott0r/iocage-plugin-emby-beta/master/emby-server-beta.json
iocage fetch -P dhcp=on vnet=on bpf=yes -n emby-server-beta.json --branch 'master'

wait until emby jail is created check if you see the interface at the dhcp address.

open the shell again and type and post here the output
Code:
cd /mnt
ls -la
cd media1
ls -la

choose a folder in media1 (e.g. folder1 or movies1) and mount it into the jail by hand with

Code:
iocage fstab -a emby-server-beta60 /mnt/media1/movies1 /movies1 nullfs rw 0 0

adrianwi

Guru
I'm not even sure this currently works given the state of FreeNAS and FreeBSD, or at least on if you're running the latest stable version 11.1-U6. You might fair better on 11.2-RC but for those waiting for the stable release (or even first point) doing anything other than running, jails have risks.

Zwck

Patron
I'm not even sure this currently works given the state of FreeNAS and FreeBSD, or at least on if you're running the latest stable version 11.1-U6. You might fair better on 11.2-RC but for those waiting for the stable release (or even first point) doing anything other than running, jails have risks.

yeah you should be on 11.2 for sure, but i think he actually is.

William Bravin

Contributor
ok try the following.

delete emby jail!

start from scratch:

open a shell, or use the shell tab:

type the follwoing and or copy and paste:
Code:

cd /tmp
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bott0r/iocage-plugin-emby-beta/master/emby-server-beta.json
iocage fetch -P dhcp=on vnet=on bpf=yes -n emby-server-beta.json --branch 'master'

wait until emby jail is created check if you see the interface at the dhcp address.

open the shell again and type and post here the output
Code:
cd /mnt
ls -la
cd media1
ls -la

choose a folder in media1 (e.g. folder1 or movies1) and mount it into the jail by hand with

Code:
iocage fstab -a emby-server-beta60 /mnt/media1/movies1 /movies1 nullfs rw 0 0

ALthough i tried this for most of the mornng i did not manger to get it working through the CLI, however because of this i manage to get almost working fine via the gui, Firs i created the jail and mount pints then installed emby and it worked. thenk you very much for your help and patience with me. have a nice weekend

Zwck

Patron
Sorry that I could not really help, glad you figured it out

Status
Not open for further replies.