Manually installed plugins not in “installed” list

joppie908

Cadet
Hello FreeNAS community,

I’ve been doing some FreeNAS 11.2 U3 testing in a VM environment since I’m planning on updating my old FreeNAS 9.10.2-U6 installation. OIn this new nstallation I’m planning on installing plugins like: Sonarr, Radarr (or couchpotato), sabnzbd and Plex. For this I’m following this guide:
https://www.ixsystems.com/community...darr-lidarr-jackett-transmission-organizr.58/

The guide works awesome, though while installing I’ve run into two questions:
1: A manually installed plugin is not showing up in the “installed” plugins list. Is there a way to get it there?
2: On my old(current) FreeNAS 9.10.2 installation I had sickchill, couchpotato and sabnzbd running in the same jail, can/should I do this again, or is it better to have all plugins run in separate jails?

I hope some of you know the answers :)

msbxa

Contributor
You can install all plugins that you stated through plugins list minus Sabnzbd which is not supported as of this writing.

joppie908

Cadet
You can install all plugins that you stated through plugins list minus Sabnzbd which is not supported as of this writing.

Hi msbxa,

Thank you for your reply but yes, I know that there are available in the plugins list. I am however looking to be able to set-up my (or someone else's) entire NAS system with one script so that I can do this whenever I need to (for whatever reason). If nobody knows of a way to "show" manually installed plugins then that is fine, I am however still looking for an answer to my 2nd question.

msbxa

Contributor
I am myself looking for the same answer. I would appreciate if you share your discovery.

joppie908

Cadet
I am myself looking for the same answer. I would appreciate if you share your discovery.

So far I've found this: https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins
If I do something like this iocage fetch --plugins --name "sonarr" ip4_addr="vnet0|192.168.230.132/24" defaultrouter="192.168.230.2" vnet="on" allow_raw_sockets="1" boot="on" It will not know sonarr, but come up with the option to install radarr, which if installed like this shows up in the 'installed' plugins.

I have not been able to get this to work for either sonarr, plex or sabnzbd.

Edit: I see now that in the radarr.json the "fingerprint" is the same sha256 key as that of radarr. You might be able to play with this to change it to either sonarr, plex or sabnzbd.

Last edited:

sretalla