Installed Plugin List Not Populating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scharbag

Guru
I have had this happening ever since I updated to 9.10.1 and I install additional plugins.

This is the error I get after rebooting the server (only the latest installed plugin gives this error):

Code:
Aug 21 11:17:32 freenas manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:577] Couldn't retrieve https://10.0.1.210/plugins/couchpotato/9/_s/treemenu: ('timed out',)

I cannot start/stop any of the plugs from the GUI, nor can I delete them. I can start/stop via the CLI but that is very cumbersome.

After waiting some random period of time, I will eventually get a message like this:

Code:
Aug 21 11:24:41 freenas manage.py: [plugins.utils:91] Couldn't retrieve https://10.0.1.210/plugins/couchpotato/9/_s/status: No JSON object could be decoded

After that, I seem to be able to use the GUI. Crapy thing is that the next time I try to list my installed plugins, it will sometimes fail to list them again, for some random period (30s - a few minutes).

I also notice that the latest plugin will not populate the left side pane under the plugins tab, even though the jail AND plugin are running.

If there is anything that I may be doing wrong, please let me know. I have never had this behaviour before with FreeNAS. It is not debilitating but it is a bit annoying as I do not really like rebooting my server every time I install a new plugin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I suggest you disable VIMAGE for your plugin jails, assign them an interface, and restart their jails.

Scharbag

Guru
I did that and then realized that a couple jails need the full stack for OpenVPN. Going to run the others without VIMAGE and see what we see.

Scharbag

Guru
For some reason, when I change the jail back to using VIMAGE, it does not get a proper IP in the JLS list and will not access the internet.

Going to try a reboot before I re-create the jails... Strange. Any suggestions?

Scharbag

Guru
Reboot seems to have fixed the ability for the VIMAGE jail to reach the internet... Strange.

List of installed plugins seems to come up fine now after reboot, no big delay.

I will keep an eye on it and see.

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.