Failed to start kubernetes cluster for Applications: server is not initialized yet

After upgrading TrueNas, currently on TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.1.3 i am having an issue with apps. When ever the server has been shut down and needs booted up i am greeted with the following error.

Failed to start kubernetes cluster for Applications: server is not initialized yet

If i shut down the system and then boot it up again sometimes it solves the issue and the apps work and other times it takes a few reboots for it to work. I have checked for forums and google and some guides that have stated

Remove Vol1 pool that IXapplications is on and re-add after reboot - Done
Unset apps pool, reboot and re add - Done
Checked time to see if it's syncing with Bios - Done and seems fine so far

Is there a bug or a solution for me to solve this?

Regards

Created a back up of the config and did a fresh install on the latest Truenas then re added my config and still the issue persists for me. I'll keep looking around till i get an answer.

Morikaen

Dabbler
Same here. Service unable to start. Apps dissapeared.
Tried to go to the previous boot didnt work.

As soon as i shut down my server and it involves a start up from cold or restart this is when the issue starts up. Takes me a few restarts for my app services to run successfully but it eventually works after the few restarts. At the moment i'm trying to avoid any unnecessary shut downs or re starts til i figure out the issue.

technoidabhi

Cadet
Currently running into the same issue, updated to TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.1.3 and applications will not start "server is not initialised yet".Will keep trying reboots hoping it will work.

technoidabhi

Cadet
Oddly enough, the apps are still running but the TrueNAS admin page shows "applications not running". I can confirm the apps are running as sonarr, qbit, jellyfin etc are all still accessible through their respective local ip and port

Still have this issue and nothing has changed, when i get the chance later ill nuke all the apps and the IX location and start again (i have all my configs for apps backed up). See if that solves my issue because nothing seems to work other than a couple of reboots.

I nuked all apps, re installed Truenas, got the apps re installed pointing to my apps config datasets and all is fine.

I ran into the same problem, I noticed after changing the Node IP between 0.0.0.0 and my IP a couple times after waiting 5-10 mins from a restart, it eventually worked.

help!

Explorer
Same issue whats the cause and fix? :):):)):):

kalifun

Cadet
Good news, I have solved it. You just need to go to the advanced settings in the application, select your network card and fill in the gateway.

Rezer

Cadet
I ran into the same problem, I noticed after changing the Node IP between 0.0.0.0 and my IP a couple times after waiting 5-10 mins from a restart, it eventually worked.
Same here, I don't think it's changing the IP that matters but rather just reapplying the settings after any inconsequential change. If it boots up set to 0.0.0.0, it won't work until I change it to the machine IP and vice versa, but changing it and immediately changing back to the original value works as well.

Good news, I have solved it. You just need to go to the advanced settings in the application, select your network card and fill in the gateway.
Nope, I've had the gateway filled in for quite some time now. Maybe it worked for you, but that's not the root cause.

kalifun

Cadet
Same here, I don't think it's changing the IP that matters but rather just reapplying the settings after any inconsequential change. If it boots up set to 0.0.0.0, it won't work until I change it to the machine IP and vice versa, but changing it and immediately changing back to the original value works as well.

Nope, I've had the gateway filled in for quite some time now. Maybe it worked for you, but that's not the root cause.
You're right. You still need to analyze it according to the specific problem. However, when this problem occurs, you can give priority to the application settings, which may be solved faster.