Cobia -23.10.0.1: App server is not initialized yet, Failed to start kubernetes cluster for Applications

Bainnor

Dabbler
Have you tried contacting the TrueCharts support team? https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/truecharts-docs-discord-and-more.105759/ They may be able to help diagnose the problem if it's an issue with their apps.

Additionally, you said it worked on 23.10.0, does it still work if you revert to that boot environment? Is there a specific feature you need in 23.10.1+, or could you use the old environment until Dragonfish has released a stable enough build for your use case?

wili4m

Explorer
Have you tried contacting the TrueCharts support team? https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/truecharts-docs-discord-and-more.105759/ They may be able to help diagnose the problem if it's an issue with their apps.

Additionally, you said it worked on 23.10.0, does it still work if you revert to that boot environment? Is there a specific feature you need in 23.10.1+, or could you use the old environment until Dragonfish has released a stable enough build for your use case?
I don't why I can't do verification with discord, keep showing missing link, will try again by tomorror

23.10.0 also hv same issue, just reboot done and not everyday like that. I try updating hoping can solve my issue.
Almost last 2 weeks this issue more frequent showup, so today I try update to TrueNAS-SCALE-24.04-BETA.1, than all apps stuck.
Got this message. There are no available nodes for LoadBalancer

toury

Dabbler
i already report the bugs, but they can't give solution coz i'm using truecharts not TrueNAS apps.
Explain that the problem is related to the middleware, and do not say that you are unable to run or use the Truecharts app, because iX does not offer support for it. They might assist you if it is a system issue.

rock2me

Cadet
same boat
i already set the bios time to UTC.
some time this issue show up, do restart and shutdown it gone, but after couple day it show again after turn on the sever.
try upgrade to new version and restart network to default, already set bios time to UTC, still show same issue

i must every day to check the server it very annoying

waiting good solution for this issue, many thanks.

View attachment 73238
I am seeing this as well, after update to:
Version:
TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.2

help!

Explorer
cancel

CRITICAL​

Failed to start kubernetes cluster for Applications: [EFAULT] Unable to configure node: Containerd socket is not available​

So is this a issue with the update or what lads?

toury

Dabbler
I've tested it on the new Dragonfish-24.04-RC.1, and the issue has been resolved. For those encountering this problem, you might try the Scale 24.04 RC to see if it resolves the issue for you as well.
From 24.04 RC changelog:
  • Improved Kubernetes stability for applications (NAS-125640).
Note: since TrueCharts have not support Dragonfish yet, so backup your truecharts app storage if any, before upgrade (e.g. using Heavyscript).

Last edited: