SOLVED Erro to creating a new jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

pestyshadow

Cadet
guys,

I'm trying to create a Jail, but the system returns an error:
Code:
  • [warden_exception: fetch: http://download.freenas.org/jails/11/x64/freenas-standard-11.0-RELEASE.mtree: No address record http://download.freenas.org/jails/11/x64/freenas-standard-11.0-RELEASE.tgz: No address record mtree: /mnt/data01/jail-root/.warden-files-cache/mtree/freenas-standard-11.0-RELEASE.mtree: No such file or directory ERROR: mtree failed for /mnt/data01/jail-root/.warden-files-cache/mtree/freenas-standard-11.0-RELEASE.mtree cannot open 'data01/jail-root/.warden-template-standard': dataset does not exist find: /mnt/data01/jail-root/.warden-template-standard: No such file or directory ERROR: Failed to create ZFS base dataset ]

I checked my internet connection through the management interface and it's working. The default IPV4 also.

Please, i need help

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Dont create a jail in the UI. The jail manager (warden) is being replaced soon with iocage. Currently you will have to use the cli to path iocage and create a jail with iocage but the process is pretty simple.

Search the forum for more details. But dont use the forum search, thats broken too.

joeschmuck

Old Man
You need to read the forum rules, please read them. The main thing you missed by not reading the rules is to use a search for the error message you have. I did a quick search and it appears another user had the same problem but the solution was that person did not have a DNS assigned, which is not the same as having an IP address assigned. I'm not saying this is your problem however it could be. Also you never listed the minimum data we need to offer good help such as your version of FreeNAS, your system specs are less important for this perticular question however we still like to know if you are running at least 8GB RAM as less than 8GB can product various unexpected results.

pestyshadow

Cadet
You need to read the forum rules, please read them. The main thing you missed by not reading the rules is to use a search for the error message you have. I did a quick search and it appears another user had the same problem but the solution was that person did not have a DNS assigned, which is not the same as having an IP address assigned. I'm not saying this is your problem however it could be. Also you never listed the minimum data we need to offer good help such as your version of FreeNAS, your system specs are less important for this perticular question however we still like to know if you are running at least 8GB RAM as less than 8GB can product various unexpected results.

Got it. I'm really looking for an error with mine here in the forum, but it did not work for me. While not the rules of the forum and put into practice

joeschmuck

Old Man
Did you ever fix your problem? And I hope I didn't discourage you with my response the other day. I too frequently see questions that just do not provide enough detail and the forum rules are small and direct, they really do exist to make helping a person easier, and yours was not the first that day so I may have come off as being irritated, and I might have been for which I apologize.

So if you haven't found your fix, please let us know and we will offer some help.

pestyshadow

Cadet
Did you ever fix your problem? And I hope I didn't discourage you with my response the other day. I too frequently see questions that just do not provide enough detail and the forum rules are small and direct, they really do exist to make helping a person easier, and yours was not the first that day so I may have come off as being irritated, and I might have been for which I apologize.

So if you haven't found your fix, please let us know and we will offer some help.

It's all right. I was able to solve by putting the IP of my Pfsense in the Nameserver1 settings of FreeNAS, with which I was able to download the packages. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.