Jails install erro on fresh Freenas11 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinodmudedla

Cadet
Hello All,

I am new to Freenas and trying to install Jails (Plex), I am unable to find a solution online:

Thank you.

Vinodmudedla

Cadet
Have you set a default gateway and DNS server in Network -> Global Configuration? If so, can you ping an Internet domain name from the FreeNAS system (e.g. ping google.com?
Thank you for the reply. I assigned a static IP to Freenas Server and Default gateway was set. I was reading in another thread about DHCP and Static IP configurations so I changed network from Static to DHCP and it started working now. I need to find out why its not working with static IP.

More than likely if DHCP works and a correctly set static does not is due to your router needing to have a Static IP reservation in it's DHCP tables.

My stepdaughter has a FreeNAS system that I configured at my home and it worked perfectly at her place the Jails worked but anything that required outside contact caused issues. She had a previous system and static reservations and port forwards were in place for that system. But the new MAC addresses were not the same and it caused major issues.

I think it has something to do with how the router's are attempting to filter out bad connections on the WAN to the LAN and vice versa. It seems to be more common with the modem/router combo devices as my OPNsense router has no issues at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.