Connection Refused to all jails/plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivyfpop

Cadet
Hey all,

I use FreeNas 9.10 to host the newest version of SyncThing through the plugin system. Everything worked perfectly up until yesterday about mid-day. I did not change any settings to SyncThing or FreeNas relatively prior to this bug's occurance.

The bug: Whenever I try to ssh or access the web gui of any of the jails I get a "Connection Refused" error. I initially thought this was a SyncThing issue until I decided to test another plugin install. I installed two more plugins, which created two more jails, of different types, and both of them resulted in a "Connection refused" error.

I am new to FreeNas and SyncThing, and networking etc. in general. (Currently a second semester Computer Science major) So I will try my best to make it easier to solve my problem, but it might be best to cut me some slack if I missed something.

I can SSH into the FreeNas just fine and tinker around, as well as being able to use the "shell" button from the jails section to access the terminal of SyncThing. It seems as if the only issue is that the connection is being refused and SyncThing is functioning itself correctly.

Thanks,

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
output of jls? that will list all the current running jails. Can you ping the jail ip?

Please include the full version of freenas you are running and also your hardware and network specs.

nojohnny101

Wizard
In addition to what @SweetAndLow suggested, did you setup proper network settings for your jails? You are creating jails from the GUI I'm assuming.

ivyfpop

Cadet
output of jls? that will list all the current running jails. Can you ping the jail ip?

Please include the full version of freenas you are running and also your hardware and network specs.

I'll go back down to the office after supper to check. I do know that I am able to ping all of the jail IPs, the vital, SnycThing one, and the other two.

ivyfpop

Cadet
In addition to what @SweetAndLow suggested, did you setup proper network settings for your jails? You are creating jails from the GUI I'm assuming.
While I simply oversaw my friend doing the setup of FreeNas, and in the end SyncThing, I do believe that the network settings were correct as it functioned as it should have for almost a year and a half, give or take.

I created the new ones by going to the plugins and "Installing."

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
I wonder if there is maybe an ip conflict. Can you take screen shots of the jail network settings and your freenas network settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.