Connection to Plex refused

djdwosk97

Patron
I'm running FreeNAS 11.3 and PMS 1.24.1.4931. I recently noticed that I was no longer able to access the web interface to Plex and tried updating the Plex plugin to see if that would resolve the issue but it didn't. I'm still seeing a refused connection when I try to connect via the web interface: "192.168.x.xx:32400/web". I haven't had much luck attempting to resolve the issue and would prefer to not have to delete and re install the plugin.

SaltyCoffee

Dabbler
I have exactly the same problem. It started yesterday, after working for months with zero issues. I don't know if it's related to me updating TrueNAS to U6 a couple days ago? But it's an odd coincidence.

I also updated to the most recent version of PMS (1.24.4.5173) using the shell script in the jail shell hoping it would fix the issue. But it didn't work for me either. The service is running but I get connection refused when going to the manage link.

I'm running TrueNAS on a Think Centre M92p thin client. Not ideal, sure. But, as I mentioned, it's been working fine till now.

Hope someone can help us? If not with the solution, then how to troubleshoot this.

djdwosk97

Patron
I have exactly the same problem. It started yesterday, after working for months with zero issues. I don't know if it's related to me updating TrueNAS to U6 a couple days ago? But it's an odd coincidence.

I also updated to the most recent version of PMS (1.24.4.5173) using the shell script in the jail shell hoping it would fix the issue. But it didn't work for me either. The service is running but I get connection refused when going to the manage link.

I'm running TrueNAS on a Think Centre M92p thin client. Not ideal, sure. But, as I mentioned, it's been working fine till now.

Hope someone can help us? If not with the solution, then how to troubleshoot this.
So I was mistaken I was on a much older version of Plex.... 1.21.xxxx iirc. I attempted to update to the latest plugin version (which took several hours and ultimately failed, but showed as the updated version, which is why I mistakenly listed it). Anyway, I took a look at the FreeNAS UI in the morning and noticed that Plex had "reverted" to the 1.21.xxxx version and I was able to access the server via the manage link and the IP:32400 web address worked again. app.plex.tv still wouldn't work though (I'm assuming because the server version is too old).

Still no idea what's the cause or solution to the issue.

SaltyCoffee

Dabbler
Are you updating through the shell scipt? That seemed to at least update for me the times I've updated manually using the shell.

There seems to be a lot of reasons the Plex plugin can go unresponsive. And no solutions that I've found so far. In my situation, when it started last night it seemed to go intermittent before it failed completely. Like hardware. But everything else in my TrueNAS works fine.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

djdwosk97

Patron
Are you updating through the shell scipt? That seemed to at least update for me the times I've updated manually using the shell.

There seems to be a lot of reasons the Plex plugin can go unresponsive. And no solutions that I've found so far. In my situation, when it started last night it seemed to go intermittent before it failed completely. Like hardware. But everything else in my TrueNAS works fine.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I tried updating by the UI, but now that it's working, I'm reluctant to touch anything.

Sobesharpe

Cadet
I’m curious if this issue was ever resolved. I seem to be having a similar issue. I’ve tried running the script “service plexmediaserver onestart” but that doesn’t seem to work. When I go to manage the plex ui I get a message saying “plex is not reachable”.

djdwosk97

Patron
I’m curious if this issue was ever resolved. I seem to be having a similar issue. I’ve tried running the script “service plexmediaserver onestart” but that doesn’t seem to work. When I go to manage the plex ui I get a message saying “plex is not reachable”.
I did resolve it, but I honestly have no idea what actually did it. I probably did some power-cycling and Plex service-cycling combination that eventually got everything working again.