Changing links to off-site images

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrianwi

Guru
As part of my recent upgrade from 9.10 to 11.1 I also switched from using ownCloud to Nextcloud.

I'd used ownCloud to host some of the images I've linked in various posts, so was going to go back to them and update the link so it points to Nextcloud and I can switch my ownCloud jail off.

Unfortunately, I didn't get very far, as one of the threads is now locked so the posts can be edited.

Any helpful ideas ;)

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
As part of my recent upgrade from 9.10 to 11.1 I also switched from using ownCloud to Nextcloud.

I'd used ownCloud to host some of the images I've linked in various posts, so was going to go back to them and update the link so it points to Nextcloud and I can switch my ownCloud jail off.

Unfortunately, I didn't get very far, as one of the threads is now locked so the posts can be edited.

Any helpful ideas ;)
If you want to edit a locked thread for a good reason, contact the mod team and we'll help out. Feel free to PM me.

That said, if you're going to do this, please upload the images to the forum instead of linking them. You literally only have to copy/paste them into your messages.

danb35

Hall of Famer
please upload the images to the forum instead of linking them
I really don't understand why so many people insist on linking to off-site images here. Why waste your own bandwidth, or storage in your imgur account, on something that iX will host for free?

adrianwi

Guru
It's more about control than storage or bandwidth. Maybe not so much of an issue here, but it is on other sites where I might be posting images I've created. I've just got used to doing it the same way for all.

Sorted now though, thanks to Ericlowe.

Status
Not open for further replies.