Can't write to AFP shares (arg!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Baumeister

Dabbler
Okay, this is really annoying and I hope someone can help:

I have a bunch of datasets that I'm sharing via AFP (only).
The issue is: no matter what I do in setting the ownership of the datasets or the access rights via the shares, I am unable to create, for example, new directories (or delete them) from my Mac.
When I SSH into the box and log on with the same user account, I can create and destroy directories at will (that I see on the Mac - just can't touch them).

I would think this is a simple settings issue, but I'm now completely lost at what to do - anyone with suggestions?

I'm on the latest 9.10-STABLE version.

Thank you!

Glorious1

Guru
Okay, this is really annoying and I hope someone can help:

I have a bunch of datasets that I'm sharing via AFP (only).
The issue is: no matter what I do in setting the ownership of the datasets or the access rights via the shares, I am unable to create, for example, new directories (or delete them) from my Mac.
When I SSH into the box and log on with the same user account, I can create and destroy directories at will (that I see on the Mac - just can't touch them).

I would think this is a simple settings issue, but I'm now completely lost at what to do - anyone with suggestions?

I'm on the latest 9.10-STABLE version.

Thank you!
You might post your settings for a representative dataset and its share.
Not sure if this is relevant, but one thing that I learned is not to share or touch the settings on the root dataset. Make sure its settings are the defaults.

so, not sure if you fixed this already, but i am banging my head against my screen for a couple of hours about this as well.
the "best" i can find is to CHMOD 777 the access to the shared folders i needed to allow data copying to, and then clean it up a bit later when i have found the actual root cause...

this is a brand spanking fresh install of Freenas 9.10.x, and nothing i can see is wrong... seems like a bug to me to be honest.

Glorious1

Guru
nothing i can see is wrong... seems like a bug to me to be honest.
A bug is possible, but user error is more likely. Again, unless you post your dataset and share settings, no one will have a clue what might be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.