AFP lists denied shares

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatonka

Dabbler
Hi,

i have a FreeNAS with 2 user accounts. There are shares one account should not access. I revoked read and write permissions on the filesystem, and allowed read and write on the share only for the other user. The allow-list contains only this user. The deny-list contains the one user who shouldn't access this share.

However, when this account connects via AFP to the NAS, MacOS is showing all shares, even the ones the account shouldn't have access to. But when he tries to connect to this share, MacOS shows an error "The resource can't be found" and doesn't connect at all. This is okay, but how can i prevent the denied shares showing up in the shares list for the denied account?

And, on a total unrelated topic: I have enabled the home directory sharing. Now my home directory is listed as "simonszu's home", but when i mount this share, the mounted volume is called "simonszu%60s%20home". This is also on MacOS.

I hope someone can help me out. Thank you very much.

tatonka

Dabbler
Today i had some time to overview my permissions, and made an attempt to fix them. So i removed all shares, and changed the permissions of each dataset to root:wheel 755, like a new dataset would have. And now i am building up a new set of shares, along with the proper permissions on the filesystem level. And i have noticed the following:

I created a new share. This share has filesystems ownership root:wheel and permissions to 775. The sharing permissions were: Allow access to user1, deny access to user2. User1 can now connect and has full access, like he should have. But user2 can connect to this share as well and has read-only access to all files and folders in this share, despite him being on the deny list.

So...do the allow and deny lists in AFP not work any more? Am i supposed to set all permissions (filesystem and share) via the filesystem's chmod and chown, and the options for the share are only for whatever reason they are there? Why isn't AFP authentication working properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.