Can't access SMB or AFP share with root

gr4ni

Dabbler
Hey,

I have some strange problem with my SMB and AFP shares. The guest access is working fine. But the share with guest access disabled, cant be accesed with my root user.

Owner of all the folders is the user root. I tried to create a new user, changed the ownership, that did not work either. When I try to connect to the shares, I get asked about user name and password. But then it doesnt connect, no error, it just doesnt connect like the password would be wrong.

- FreeNAS-11.3-U5
- Client: MacOS 11.12.1 "Big Sur"

Thanks for any help!

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
It may be a good opportunity for you to stop using root to share with (as it's not possible in TrueNAS 12).

Can you show the settings of the share and the SMB service?

gr4ni

Dabbler
Okay thanks for the hint. Then I will take this opportunity:

- I have created a new user and a new user group "sharing"
- I have changed the ownership of the data pool folder, which is shared, to the new group and user

Still I cant connect with "smb://server_ip/shared_folder". I am asked for user and password and then nothing.

Attached are my settings.

e: And I know that SMB1 support is not the best regarding security, but I have an old Windows XP PC in the local network, which need access to some folder. (Its a PC which controlls an old machine)

Attachments

• Screenshot-2021-03-15-at-15.55.32.jpg
    Screenshot-2021-03-15-at-15.55.32.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 206
  • Screenshot 2021-03-15 at 15.50.47.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-15 at 15.50.47.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 199
  • Screenshot 2021-03-15 at 15.50.23.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-15 at 15.50.23.png
    49.9 KB · Views: 211

sretalla