SOLVED Can't access Backup Server

NasKar

Guru
I can't seem to access my backup server suddenly. Not sure if my boot SSD has gone bad or possibly the PCI express SATA card?
Intel i3-4130T
ASROCK E3C226D2I with 16 GB ECC Ram
6x 8TB WD red drives ZFS Raid Z2
Fractal Node 304 case
Corsair CX600M
IO Crest SI-PEX40062 4 Port SATA III PCIe 2.0 x2 Controller Card
ADATA 120GB SSD Boot

After a reboot I get these errors.
Wedding-28.jpg

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
The thing I see in that is that the ADATA SU700 was detached.

1560822507182.png

I am guessing, but it looks to me like the SSD may have failed. I have heard some complaints about reliability from the ADATA drives. You might want to try one of these:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-SSD-320-Series-2-5-80-GB-SSDSA2CW080G3/113750971297

I bought two of them myself. I used to buy the 40GB Intel SSDs but they are hard to find now. I have never had any trouble from them though. I have some that I have been using for years.

NasKar

Guru
Maybe I could boot from a USB drive instead and see if it works. If it does I will purchase the intel SSD you suggest. Thanks for your suggestion.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Maybe I could boot from a USB drive instead and see if it works. If it does I will purchase the intel SSD you suggest. Thanks for your suggestion.
Worth a try.

NasKar

Guru
Update:
I installed the latest version to a USB and it worked. Unfortunately I have not been as diligent backing up the config as will my main machine that does it automatically with a script. My last backup is FN11.1U4. I want to restore all my settings so I made a USB install from that version and installed it onto the USB. Now I get an error when I reboot the system after the install.
FNerror.jpg

NasKar

Guru
Not sure what when wrong with 11.1U4 but I reinstalled 11.2U4.1 on a USB and got the system working. I did have a current backup on my FN config but forgot to automate coping it to my window computer with syncback. Created a windows share of the config directory and then uploaded it. Now it's back as it was before the failure of the SSD. I purchased the Intel SSD from your link to replace the bad ADATA SSD. Thanks for your help Chris.