Cannot boot after upgrade attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikj_dk

Dabbler
Hi,

I have attempted to upgrade Freenas 9 to 11, via the gui. The installation stopped, so I tried to upgrade from a USB image. Installation succesfull, but the show stopped during boot, like the photo I enclose.
As I suspected the USB stick of being faulty, I cleaned it with Windows diskpart. Started installation from USB, and it was succesfull - but will not boot, see photo.

The photo shows the attempt when I have specificaly chosen to boot from the thumb stick.

Suggestions are very welcome.

Regards,
Niels.
IMG_20180914_163516.jpg

joeschmuck

Old Man
What version of FreeNAS are you trying to run? 11.1-U6, 11.2? Stable or something else?

Also, did you install as UEFI? If you tried UEFI then try the other option, it typically is more stable.

Your screen indicates that the USB format does not indicate it is a bootable device so this is an installation issue.

nikj_dk

Dabbler
It´s FN 11.2-beta 3.
Installed as BioS.
Hmm - I could try the stable FN 11.1?
And could try another USB stick in another port?

It is a Dell PowerEdge T300 with 20 Gb Ram.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Beta? Come on now, you could have lead with that. Try FreeNAS 11.1-U4 or U6 as a clean install. If U4 fails then post again. BIOS is what I prefer to use as well but if U4 fails in BIOS, for the hell of it you should try UEFI if your computer supports it.

Status
Not open for further replies.