Freenas 11.2 fresh install can't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripwire999

Cadet
Hi guys,

So my old USB got corrupted after an update to 11.2 (been running FreeNas since 9.3 or something) which really isn't a problem as I was thinking of starting fresh anyways. So i've got a brand new USB stick, made a second USB stick with the FreeNas 11.2 iso with Win32Diskmaker. Installation went fine, but I can't boot. I see a blinking cursor (black screen) and after a while it throws an error: gptzfsboot: error 32 lba 30031240

Things I tried:
- Reinstall Freenas after using Killdisk (using new USB stick, same error)
- Reinstall Freenas after using Killdisk and use UEFI boot instead of Legacy (on new USB stick)
- Reinstall Freenas on my old USB stick (after using Killdisk)

Anyone knows what's up with this? Should I try and install Freenas 11.1 and IF it works upgrade from there?

By the way the old installation gave this error:
gptzfsboot: error 32 lba 30031240
gptzfsboot: error 32 lba 1
\
FreeBSD/x86 boot
Default: SebasNas:/boot/zfsloader
boot: /
Can't find /boot/zfsloader

EDIT:
So found something else weird, so installation went fine on my Sandisk USB. When I rebooted the motherboard doesn't detect the USB stick anymore :oops: after a reboot I could pick it in the boot priority settings of my motherboard. Let's see what happens now and if it boots :)

Last edited:

Tripwire999

Cadet
Hmm apparently there is something with the USB drives. I've bought a Kingston A400 120GB ssd and now it's running fine after installation...

Status
Not open for further replies.