Broadcom 57810s- 10GBASE T Network interface could not be accessed

jgreco

Resident Grinch
I've also tried 24. I remove the original link's ip address, but I can't connect to the 84 ip.

See, that is all internally consistent with the interface not functioning. You can probably figure out whether it is receive, transmit, or both that are broken with a little judicious use of tcpdump, configuring a proper address like 192.168.50.84/24 on ens4f0, and then seeing what happens when you ping it from a client.

I was able to unlock apt-get and install rpm without breaking the current truenas install

That's quite a claim. If the Red Hat driver bits are distributed as binary, it could possibly work. However, there is no compiler or linker toolset available on TrueNAS, so I would not be super hopeful. Either way, TrueNAS isn't going to go around drowning puppies and degaussing hard drives to signify that it is broken, so you should be aware that you should restore these files to their correct state once you're done. Otherwise, you really don't know if it's broken. You're just assuming.

Apprisco

Dabbler
See, that is all internally consistent with the interface not functioning. You can probably figure out whether it is receive, transmit, or both that are broken with a little judicious use of tcpdump, configuring a proper address like 192.168.50.84/24 on ens4f0, and then seeing what happens when you ping it from a client.

That's quite a claim. If the Red Hat driver bits are distributed as binary, it could possibly work. However, there is no compiler or linker toolset available on TrueNAS, so I would not be super hopeful. Either way, TrueNAS isn't going to go around drowning puppies and degaussing hard drives to signify that it is broken, so you should be aware that you should restore these files to their correct state once you're done. Otherwise, you really don't know if it's broken. You're just assuming.
No worries, if nothing works, I'll be reinstalling TrueNAS again, probably for the seventh time or so.
I set up a proper address, pinged it and got replies perfectly fine.
1670211128454.png

1670211139902.png

There are binary versions of the RedHat and SEUS drivers, which is why I'll be trying them next! Hopefully this works....

Apprisco

Dabbler
error: line 13: Dependency tokens must begin with alpha-numeric, '_' or '/': BuildRequires: %kernel_module_package_buildreqs
Turns out the binary versions don't exist, and only the source rpms do.
Something I realized is that truenas is fucking up here. It should detect these networks drives as BNX2X drivers, but modprobe returns nothing.
I have already given up and ordered a potentially working Intel X540 card, but i'd still like to get this to work. Clearly, something is weird lol.

Apprisco

Dabbler

Update: I've installed the binaries of the drivers finally onto the truenas install.
1670397199592.png

Sadly, I cannot install anything until these issues are solved.... but it does really feel like I'm getting close to something!

Apprisco

Dabbler
Update- supposedly this driver is already in the kernel at base via firmware-bnx2x... wtf.
Is it possible that the adapter isn't recognized as a BNX2X adapter but a random ENSF4 adapter, and thus isn't working?
I wonder if there's something I can do to fix this...

Last edited:

Apprisco

Dabbler
Update: Got an HP 561T adapter to work as intended, I think I'll leave this here for now. Seems like the 10GBASE-T card with 57810s doesn't work as it's not recognized as BNX2X but some weird other adapter instead. Disabling all virtualization stuff and etc didn't work either.

Last edited: