Announcing FreeNAS 9.2.1.3-RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whattteva

Wizard
I'm assuming since the major number is still 9, it still uses FreeBSD kernel version 9. Any idea when the migration to kernel 10 will be?

Soloam

Contributor
Ok, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't download the images form the website. I select 64bit, hit download, and I'm redirected to a page that says:

You have just downloaded technology once reserved for high-end storage appliances & the labs of computing gurus. ( Isn't open-source awesome? )
You’re just a few steps away from having your own FreeNAS appliance to fulfill all your storage, file sharing, and backup needs.
It won’t be long before it’s an indispensable part of your network.

But nothing happens, no file downloaded.

What I'm doing wrong? :oops:

Sir.Robin

Guru
What is the 9.2.1.3.1 version i'm seeing on download location? o_O

aufalien

Patron
The readme says its a daily build for testing purposes.

It would be cool to see if there are any changes/mods by installing it, but alas... no time :(

J

jkh

What is the 9.2.1.3.1 version i'm seeing on download location? o_O

Administrative error - just something I banged out in between 9.2.1.3 and 9.2.1.4 to fix a couple of really small problems with replication. It's deleted now, to avoid confusion!

jyavenard

Patron
Anyone having issues using TimeMachine backups with 9.2.1.3?

I've been unable to complete a backup in the past few days (last successful backup was on the 22nd, which is when I last upgraded. Connecting to the AFP share is now quite slow (over 20s to connect).
Now I've removed the AFP share from the list of backups and attempted to re-add it, and I always get:
The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error 2.)..

I should have stayed on 9.1... all the updates late have been giving me griefs :(

Edit: Okay... found out the issue.
The dataset the AFP share points to is full (which is perfectly normal as Time Machine fills the disk as much as it can before it starts expiring backup).

When I checked the freenas console I saw error: "Error opening lockfile: Disc Quota Exceeded" ; that cause the share to takes a very long time to mount, and browsing the content impossible...

It seems that the afp daemon also stores the CNID database on the volume that is being shared, so it will also fail once the volume is full..

Rather defeat the purpose of using afpd as a Time Machine recipient :(

jyavenard

Patron
Ok, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't download the images form the website. I select 64bit, hit download, and I'm redirected to a page that says:

You have just downloaded technology once reserved for high-end storage appliances & the labs of computing gurus. ( Isn't open-source awesome? )
You’re just a few steps away from having your own FreeNAS appliance to fulfill all your storage, file sharing, and backup needs.
It won’t be long before it’s an indispensable part of your network.

But nothing happens, no file downloaded.

What I'm doing wrong? :oops:

You're not doing anything wrong.

I'm seeing the same issue when I use Firefox.

Seems to work fine with Chrome, try changing web browser..

Soloam

Contributor
I tried with Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer! Same problem! Solved with the advice of gpsguy!

jyavenard

Patron
Are the DB backups copied somewhere automatically on the ZFS pool?

Going to revert to 9.1, but as I can't access my backup anymore, I don't know where to find the backup of the DB last used in 9.1...

Edit: found a snapshot of the old /data directory
How can you see which version the freenas-v1.db file is for ?

Sir.Robin

Guru
Administrative error - just something I banged out in between 9.2.1.3 and 9.2.1.4 to fix a couple of really small problems with replication. It's deleted now, to avoid confusion!

Hum... would it be possible to get a hold of it? Would like to test it then since i'm replicating across wlan :)

J

jkh

Hum... would it be possible to get a hold of it? Would like to test it then since i'm replicating across wlan :)

Use the 9.2.2-ALPHA nightlies - they have not yet diverged in any significant way from 9.2.1.x and contain all the same fixes.

toadman

Guru

If you don't want to try the nightlies like jkh suggested, you can try pulling the new autorepl.py file down from GIT and updating just file that on your system. I did so and it sped up my replications by quite a bit. (I'm running 9.2.1.3)

aufalien

Patron
Wow, great advice, especially seeing that I'm about to do a 50TB rep very soon.

cyberjock

Inactive Account

cyberjock

Inactive Account
The size. Not too many people replicate 50GB. I've done about 30TB. Took something like 5 full days at full Gb speeds.

joeschmuck

Old Man
That is some serious quantity of data.

mute

Dabbler
When I setup the initial replication for some of the datasets on our TrueNAS systems I was pushing 25-50tb across a 1gbit MPLS connection, it worked great! The only downside is that replication is not multithreaded so while that dataset was moving all of my other replication jobs just sit there queued. I put in a feature request so hopefully that will make it into the pipeline at some point. :)

aufalien

Patron
Well, the upside is its 10Gb/jumbo. I'm transitioning from an old build to a new one.

I'm surprised you guys thinks its a lot. The server itself can hold 100TB and I've 2 for DR, etc... And I'm not the only one whose built a NAS of this size, its moderate in my industry.

With data chewing through space at a fast clip and disks getting cheaper and cheaper, I'm having a hard time managing the growth myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.