Announcing FreeNAS 9.2.1.3-RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir.Robin

Guru
Replication is working here. Soon finishing a 30 hour replication over wan link. :)

ser_rhaegar

Patron

Sir.Robin

Guru
Well i got a 100/10Mbit cable connection but getting only 7Mbit out. Steady though... been around 5Mbit for a long time, but suddenly wen't up to 7Mbit a day or two ago.

Oh... and if transfering with ftp to same location... i get a bit more than 10Mbit.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
FreeNAS must have the shortest testing cycle of any project. One day beta is announced, the next day the final version is release.

what's the point of having a beta?

You should turn off your rant mode sooner... if you checked out things the beta was public announced March 14th, with the release version on the 21st.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Actually.. that wasn't me.... so don't be pointing fingers...

J

jkh

And deleting post now?

that's a new step in "moderation" ...

I deleted your post. Rants add no value here (particularly when they're not even factual) so I felt it was better removed. I'll remove any future rants as well. Consider that before wasting your time and ours.

jyavenard

Patron
I pointed out very factual information:
1- Upgrading from 9.2.1.2 will fail for some users, the original 9.2.1.2 README didn't contain the required information, instead you must retrieve the *updated* 9.2.1.2 README
2- There are two 9.2.1.2 different version out there.
3- The command line provided in the README will not work if you access the freenas box over ssh, you need to amend sudo to the command (and that assumes the user is in the sudoer list)
4- The download page doesn't work with some version of Firefox, and instead it takes you back to web.freenas.org. (seems related to javascript incompatibility)

For people not wanting to go back and manage to find where the 9.2.1.2 README is, the command to run to be able to upgrade from some version of 9.2.1.2 to 9.2.1.3 is:

it is best that you access the freenas over the native console, so you are automatically logged as root.

ThreeDee

Guru
Update went without a hitch .. I just do plex and backup my main computer to a shared folder .. working great

joeschmuck

Old Man
Completed the upgrade from 9.2.0-Release to 9.2.1.3-Release. All went fine but for anyone doing this upgrade, at least for me the upgrade took a fair amount of time, about 6 minutes or so (felt like longer) but it worked. Network performance for large file transfers have improved over CIFS with Windows 7 for me, it wasn't a huge improvement but it was an improvement.

Magnus33

Patron
Did a fresh install and then settings restore since updating is not really a option for the usb.

All went smooth cifs has smoothed out nicely and the odd buffering issue when playing from cifs on windows 7 is now gone.

Magnus33

Patron
On certain setups it just refuses to update the usb.

Maybe its the usb it doesn't like of the motherboard but it still programs fine win32diskmanger so no real lose except maybe a extra 10 min.

Sir.Robin

Guru
Too small usb drive?

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Magnus33

Patron
Nope 3 times as large as needed it just hates updating it but that's the only problem i had with it so no biggy.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Nope 3 times as large as needed it just hates updating it but that's the only problem i had with it so no biggy.
Not enough RAM? That has been touted as being an issue on some peoples systems.

Magnus33

Patron
16 gig so not likely the issue.
I think it just the usb itself not liking it as i had it work fine with other usb.

Minor hardware incompatibility and since its the only hardware issue i had besides outdated firmware on a hard drive all happily live with it tell i get a chance to replace it.

TheSmoker

Patron
16 gig so not likely the issue.
I think it just the usb itself not liking it as i had it work fine with other usb.

Minor hardware incompatibility and since its the only hardware issue i had besides outdated firmware on a hard drive all happily live with it tell i get a chance to replace it.
Usb2 flash in usb3 port, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.