Yet Another Forum Migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

budmannxx

Contributor
Did the post counts intentionally get disabled? I found those pretty useful. Also, could the dates/times at the bottom of every post be moved to the top of the post? I don't think we need the username twice (under the avatar and the beginning of the timestamp--although I guess this could be useful for long posts), and it would be cool if the day could be changed to a date--maybe something like: "2013-06-12 @ 10:49 AM" instead of "Yesterday at..." One more suggestion: could the stickied posts have a different background color? I think the old forum had that and it was a nice visual indicator.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Did the post counts intentionally get disabled? I found those pretty useful. Also, could the dates/times at the bottom of every post be moved to the top of the post? I don't think we need the username twice (under the avatar and the beginning of the timestamp--although I guess this could be useful for long posts), and it would be cool if the day could be changed to a date--maybe something like: "2013-06-12 @ 10:49 AM" instead of "Yesterday at..." One more suggestion: could the stickied posts have a different background color? I think the old forum had that and it was a nice visual indicator.

+1 This existed just an hour ago. Not sure where it went, but hopefully its not gone for good.

paleoN

Wizard
A button for each thread to take you to the latest unread post or last post at the least.
Change this to having such a button when you aren't logged in.

paleoN

Wizard
Also, my account is still showing up under Staff Online Now.

J

James

The Web Team is trying to put together a new style based on the default one. The forums have been restored to the default style but you may test out "FreeNAS Dark" if you would like to help out.

Thanks for your feedback :)

paleoN

Wizard

diedrichg

Wizard

SkyMonkey

Contributor
I think the search filter is bit too restrictive. I tried searching for "UPS shutdown other computer" (trying to find paleoN's thread on the topic) and got "The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common: ups, other".

My search string is terrible (it's late), and I can understand filtering on all three letter words, but other doesn't seem too common....

Another one I tried a few days ago was "nobody owner cifs", and got the same message with respect to the word "nobody", which seems odd.

I would consider tuning this a bit if possible.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Also, again, case sensitivity on search box in the upper right hand corner is bad.

note: now appears to be fixed.

warri

Guru
I can't see profiles of other users (and therefore can't send any PMs). This has been mentioned before, are you working on a solution?

profile.png

[edit]
Actually, sending PMs (or starting conversations) works from the Inbox menu. :)
Still can't access other profiles, though.

paleoN

Wizard
All lines are prefaced with line numbers.
Code:
no
line
numbers
IMHO, this makes CLI output harder to read.

sessus

Dabbler
It appears links from the previous vB installation don't work properly with XenForo after a thread had been paginated.

Example:
Post on page 1 = works (ex)
Post on page 1+n = kaputt (ex)

P.S.
Well, why log-in? Why would I contribute? To earn points, acquire trophies, and level up your rank. The rankings are currently maxed-out at "Well-known Member" but be assured that there will be new titles coming and benefits for ranking up.
Almost noone cares about this.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Thank you. I put it on our list of things to fix... :D

Edit: Emailed James.. issue is already fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.