Forums Upgraded to Xenforo 1.5.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Hey Everyone!

The forum administration team is happy to announce that we have updated the forums to the latest Stable version of Xenforo 1.5.9. Although we've done our best to QA the forums after the update you may experience certain areas that need some attention. Please let me know ASAP if you see any major breakage and we will get these areas fixed. I've also included a link to the Xenforo 1.5.0 release notes if anyone would like to read about the new features. There are also many .x releases in between that include minor improvements to things such as the rich text editor, messaging system, as well as security updates. Thanks so much for being members of the FreeNAS community, and if you have any questions please let us know.

Best Regards,

Josh

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-5-0-released.103412/

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
The forum has become verrryyyy slooowwwww here in the last few hours...

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Thanks for the heads up. Try it again now. We poked apache and it seems to be working well again. We noticed that same slowness, but when we restarted apache things seemed to go smoothly again. Let us know if the problem persists.

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Yes, it's back to normal now. Thanks!

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Everything seems to be running smoothly at the moment. I don't see anything in the logs, but i'll mention to the IT department that it was running slow last night. Please let me know if it happens again.

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
I was getting ready to report it too.
I tried to report it late last night (~midnight, US CDT), but the system was unavailable. I wrote a reply here and clicked 'Post Reply'... several times... but it just kept spinning without responding.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Haven't noticed anything wrong here...

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
IT confirmed there was an issue with the forums running slow and being unresponsive last night in the logs. We will continue to monitor this and look for a solution. Thanks for the reports!

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
It's slow right now for me (tell me if further reports are unhelpful.)

When I ran a GTmetrix analysis on this thread, the onload time was 60 seconds.
waterfall1.png waterfall2.png

danpoleary

Dabbler
Can confirm that the forums are very slow. Sometimes, it can take 20 seconds or more to do transitions. At other times it is fast like normal. Maybe all the cache updates?

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
We saw the same thing just now @Robert Trevellyan. We don't mind the reports at all. If there's an issue we need to know about it. The IT department is actively engaged in tweaking some of the settings to see if we can fix the performance issue. Sorry for the trouble everyone! We'll get this fixed ASAP.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
I'm not sure what link you're referring to, but that's something we should definitely fix.

wblock

Documentation Engineer
It should redirect to https:.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame

Hmmm I do see what you mean, but if a person types forums.freenas.org it automatically fills in https://forums.freenas.org/index.php and redirects correctly. You're pretty certain this worked differently before and you were able to access the forums with just HTTP? I'm just trying to figure out if the update changed something or if it has always been this way. Thanks for your help!

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
It should redirect to https:.

Yep! I'll see if I can just get that set up tomorrow. I thought we had actual broken links somewhere on the web, but that doesn't seem to be the case. We're tracking now.

Status
Not open for further replies.