X10SLM+-F Fan header max current

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick779

Contributor
Does anyone know what the max current per fan connection on the motherboard is?

Ive searched the manual and even asked their support to which ive been given "All fans header sharing same +12V from power supply. We recommend user don’t use fan using more than 2A."

I asked for clarification or if that is per connection and they couldnt answer it.

m0nkey_

MVP
It's likely 2A per header. You can safely run two 120mm fans from one header, however you should look into the fan's power rating to make sure you don't exceed 2 amps.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
The fans that came with my Supermicro chassis are rated at 1 amp. I know for sure that I can run all five of them from the system board headers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
The fans that came with my Supermicro chassis are rated at 1 amp. I know for sure that I can run all five of them from the system board headers.

Surely, no reasonable case fan draws anything even remotely like 1A when spun up and operating....?

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Surely, no reasonable case fan draws anything even remotely like 1A when spun up and operating....?
No, they were quite unreasonable. They ran around 5000 RPM until I put a little adjustment in there.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
No, they were quite unreasonable. They ran around 5000 RPM until I put a little adjustment in there.

1A fans is more than a hard drive in terms of total wattage. A fan, that takes more energy, than the hard drive.

By a good bit.

Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.