Where is the correct place to report issues on TrueNAS Scale?

dabrahams

Dabbler
Yes, write up your situation and problems.... follow the "forum rules": https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/forum-rules.45124/

If its a bug, we then suggest you "report a bug". Report a Bug
When I follow that link, it asks me to log in, an when I do, I just end up on this apparently-useless screen. I can only see the bug reporting UI if I'm logged out. Any ideas?

1671381687501.png

jgreco

Resident Grinch
When I follow that link, it asks me to log in, an when I do, I just end up on this apparently-useless screen. I can only see the bug reporting UI if I'm logged out. Any ideas?

View attachment 61135

@morganL , this is the second report I've seen of this in the past few days. See also

where user believes it to be related to e-mail addresses.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
@morganL , this is the second report I've seen of this in the past few days. See also

where user believes it to be related to e-mail addresses.

Its a jira cloud service... perhaps issue is that user has logged into jira cloud some other way?

fenio

Cadet
Did anyone tried to do even the simplest scenarios with virtual machines?
I'm having hard time trying to get 1 VM working. Taking snapshot of it makes it basically dead. Seems something is messing with UEFI/BIOS/bootloader. But that would be something I could live with but restart of TrueNAS scale messes up that setup too.
Seems that basically nothing can be done with working VM. No restarts, not cloning/snapshots... no nothing or everything simply breaks up.

jgreco

Resident Grinch

Yes, lots of people use virtual machines, as evidenced by many discussions here. iXsystems did not write the VM subsystem; it is a relatively standard KVM system that is integrated into the TrueNAS middleware, similar to Proxmox in many ways, but based on the iX NAS platform instead.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
I'm having hard time trying to get 1 VM working. Taking snapshot of it makes it basically dead. Seems something is messing with UEFI/BIOS/bootloader. But that would be something I could live with but restart of TrueNAS scale messes up that setup too.
Seems that basically nothing can be done with working VM. No restarts, not cloning/snapshots... no nothing or everything simply breaks up.

Welcome to the forums... please read the Forum Rules.
Hardware and BIOS settings are important.. not controlled by TrueNAS.

Tom Lawrence did a basic overview of Virtualization. Suggest you you read/watch other sources before jumping to conclusions. There are many ways to screw up systems... TrueNAS doesn't prevent them all. These forums work by people documenting their setups well. Then experts can provide advice.