Web server with Apache PHP MariaDB or MySQL how to

Corsari

Cadet
Hello to all of the community

I find only old dated procedures for installing/enabling a webserver with Apache PHP and MariaDb or MySQL

Can you kindly point me to the right tutorial? also I'm totally new to TrueNAS too, but I'm not new to linux , so kindly a tutorial that takes in account that I don't know about Jails

Thank you
Robert

canonmr

Cadet
Just login to TrueNAS web, goto menu Plugins, set "Browse a Collection" to "Community", refresh Index, you will see icon FAMP (FreeBSD, Apache, MySQL, PHP).

Attachments

• 1a.PNG
    1a.PNG
    116.4 KB · Views: 2,227

Corsari

Cadet
Hello Canonmr thank you for the hint

One question about this FAMP package

Is it meant already secured or "totally open" as (e.g.) xampp?

I mean: can you safely publish/serve your personal app (which on turn must be secured as well) on the internet with a FAMP server?

Thank you for any feedback

netspear.io

Dabbler
Just login to TrueNAS web, goto menu Plugins, set "Browse a Collection" to "Community", refresh Index, you will see icon FAMP (FreeBSD, Apache, MySQL, PHP).
What about on truenas scale? I can't find FAMP.

danb35

Hall of Famer

KoraiD

Cadet
Hello everyone!

I have just installed the FAMP plugin, but I am not sure how can I configure the server IP, and where can I upload my files? I was unable to find any documents about that. Can someone guide me to the right direction?

danb35

Hall of Famer
You should have set the server's IP address when you installed the plugin, but you can do it after the fact by editing the jail properties. The web data goes in /usr/local/www/apache24/data/.

KoraiD

Cadet
You should have set the server's IP address when you installed the plugin, but you can do it after the fact by editing the jail properties. The web data goes in /usr/local/www/apache24/data/.
Awesome, thank you!
It was my mistake, as I picked NAT instead of DHCP, so I couldn't reach its IP from my home network.

Will7401

Cadet
Good evening !
I modified the files present in this place but when I access the ip of the site, nothing is modified. (I restart TrueNas, apache24 service ...).
Do you have an idea ?
Thank you in advance