Volume creation issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocOkt

Cadet
I've been fighting this issue for a few days now, I've gone through a few things here on the site, reinstalled different versions and re-downloaded isos to insure integrity and compatibility and stableness. the one thing I can't get through on all installation in making a volume, I've wiped the drive with a third party linux program, and at this point am at a loss. any help would be appreciated, hopefully I'm just missing something simple.
xhjg.PNG zshgr.PNG

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
You could try setting:

sysctl -w kern.geom.debugflags=0x10

Then after trying the wipe in the GUI again, set it back to 0

sysctl -w kern.geom.debugflags=0

DocOkt

Cadet
after that logging in gives me this:

"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 906, in _method_lookup
serviceobj = self.get_service(service)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 823, in get_service
return self.__services[name]
KeyError: 'network.general'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 150, in call_method
result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/coroutines.py", line 109, in __next__
return self.gen.send(None)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 915, in call_method
serviceobj, methodobj = self._method_lookup(message['method'])
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 909, in _method_lookup
raise CallError(f'Method "{method_name}" not found in "{service}"', CallError.ENOMETHOD)
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [ENOMETHOD] Method "summary" not found in "network.general"

"

and closing that and trying to make a volume it seems to try but dies without a error message and with out making a volume

edit it is a step forword as now it at least shows the drive i had to use as a cashe drive, it didn't before

sretalla