Upgrade from 11.1 U1 to 11.1 U2.1 freezes

MarkStegaOHI

Cadet
I've tried two times to update to 11.1 U2.1 using web web gui. It progresses to 62.5% on the "Installing base os (1/4)" step and then sits there not advancing, just shows the "progress" animation. I don't see that anyone else has reported this. The boot device is a mirror of two Kingston 32Gb Data Traveler USB sticks. When I rebooted the first time I had 11.1 U2.1 in the boot menu but all sorts of errors occurred and I reverted to my initial install. There was no 11.1 U1 in the boot menu.

I've got it sitting in the 'frozen' state in case anyone has a good suggestion.

Kiljunen

Cadet
I did face a similar issue. After waiting a long time and seeing that installation didn’t go any further I finally decided to reboot the whole unit. Had to press the power switch several seconds because normal shutdown process freezed also. During the server restart I saw many errors and decided that I need to rollback to the previous boot environment. Luckily that was a success because I didn’t have a proper backup. :)

I guess I need to wait for the next major release before trying the upgrade again. Or maybe I’ll try to upgrade via USB installation media.