Upgrade 11.1-U1 -> 11.1-U4 broken boot env

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_b

Cadet
I performed an upgrade from 11.1-U1 to U4 and afterwards several services were not running. I rebooted and many services came back up, but HTTPS was not one. I reverted back and things are running again just fine. The system did not reboot after upgrade, but the boot env was there. When I noticed it did not reboot, I manually rebooted.

Initially I thought maybe it was space availability on my boot drive. I'm using a 16GB boot drive, and the System->Boot page says it is healthy and 48% full.

Any thoughts on the cause? My current plan is to delete some old boot environments, delete the 11.1-U4 boot env, and then retry the update.

Thanks.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
My current plan is to delete some old boot environments, delete the 11.1-U4 boot env, and then retry the update.
That sounds like a good plan.

joeschmuck

Old Man
My current plan is to delete some old boot environments, delete the 11.1-U4 boot env, and then retry the update.
I would suggest that if you do not have a backup of your configuration file, make it before doing anythign else. There is no joy in loosing all your configuration data. If your attempts to upgrade then fail, you should be able to take and reinstall FreeNAS 11.1-U4 and then apply the configuration file, that should work unless your configuration file is corrupt.

By chance do you have 11.1-Release (prior to U1) in your boot environments? I'd also roll back to that and make a backup of that configuration file just in case 11.1-U1 caused some problem. Let's face it, U1 was not a great release for several people.

Status
Not open for further replies.