Updating to Nextcloud 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry11097

Dabbler
Hi, I have recently updated to next cloud 10.0.2. I am running free nas and have a jail created for Nextcloud. However, I cant update to the latest version of Nextcloud 11. Says I need PHP 5.6. Picture is attached. How do I go about updating Nextcloud to the latest version?
upload_2016-12-18_15-11-45.png

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
this is not really achievable with the plugin since the dependencies are included. I can look updating the plugins dependencies but I remember I tried this before and could not successfully build the plugin with php56.

Jerry11097

Dabbler
this is not really achievable with the plugin since the dependencies are included. I can look updating the plugins dependencies but I remember I tried this before and could not successfully build the plugin with php56.
Oh ok, so I just have to wait till a new plugin comes out that has PHP5.6?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

Makki

Explorer
So as summary, you say: set it up in a separate new freebsd jail from scratch not using the oc/nc plugin to create the jail?
Did I get this right?
Why should I learn nginx knowing apache pretty well? Is it just because of personal preference or apache not working smooth under FreeBSD either? I just ask myself..

Michael

P.S.: I want a long-long-term stable setup, easy maintainable (i.e. updates via webif) being pretty firm with Debian/Linux but a noob under FreeBSD/FreeNAS

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
@Makki I dont know Apache super well, but as far as I understand, it will follow ownCloud's htacess file. this is great for installs where you will use the shipped application in the intended way, but not if you want to do what you are saying.

nginx by using a config file and ignoring the htaccess gives you this flexibility.

Makki

Explorer
a funny thesis.. sorry, if you don't understand what .htaccess does I think you should not provide any public webservice. this is not flexibility but rather ignorance.
Who did these owncloud/nextcloud-plugins storing files against any FHS in /usr/pbi/something and can explain this, why it was done that way - far away from FHS? Debian , BSD or any other OS.
Still unsure if I should build my OC/NC on such a whacky basis where not even FHS is regarded..

Michael

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
a funny thesis.. sorry, if you don't understand what .htaccess does I think you should not provide any public webservice. this is not flexibility but rather ignorance.
Who did these owncloud/nextcloud-plugins storing files against any FHS in /usr/pbi/something and can explain this, why it was done that way - far away from FHS? Debian , BSD or any other OS.
Still unsure if I should build my OC/NC on such a whacky basis where not even FHS is regarded..

Michael
I have never heard of FHS before.
I assume this is similar to freebsd's heir documentation?

I'm a bit confused.
Are you trying to say I dont know how to read an .htacces and should not host public web services? I wrote the original nginx documentation for owncloud 9 when no one else was able to translate the changes. before that people were saying nginx is no longer supported with that release. I at least know enough about .htaccess files to translate them to proper nginx configs.

putting files under /usr/pbi/ is not by choice, when you compile a PBI it installs packages, including owncloud/nextcloud's web-directory files there. if you installed owncloud/nextcloud from the freebsd package it would put them under /usr/local/www by default.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
So as summary, you say: set it up in a separate new freebsd jail from scratch not using the oc/nc plugin to create the jail?
Did I get this right?
Why should I learn nginx knowing apache pretty well? Is it just because of personal preference or apache not working smooth under FreeBSD either? I just ask myself..

Michael

P.S.: I want a long-long-term stable setup, easy maintainable (i.e. updates via webif) being pretty firm with Debian/Linux but a noob under FreeBSD/FreeNAS
ohh when I answered your earlier question on why I recommended nginx I thought you were still referring to @Jerry11097 situation where he wanted to host extra stuff in a subdirectory of owncloud.

as far as nginx vs apache, I prefer nginx because thats what I know. but both work fine on freebsd.
the plugin (which uses apache) just won't work for his situation.

Makki

Explorer
Just for the archives: I got my owncloud 9.0.4 successfully migrated from a Debian into a plain FreeNAS jail (not using the plugin), following mostly this guide:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/how-to-nextcloud-10-w-apache-php-and-mariadb.46111/
(though I used mysql and shortened some braindead paths like /usr/local/www/apache24/data/nextcloud ... this could also be /usr/local/www/nextcloud)

This took some steps (and many fails) to succeed:
- rsync config/* and data/*
- adjust paths from 9.0.4 in config.php
(+chown and all this stuff)
- update oc 9.0.4 to 9.0.8
- update oc 9.0.8 to 9.1 on target
- update oc 9.1 to nc 11.0.1

A direct upgrade to nc 10 failed as the activated server-side encryption didn't work afterwards, maybe it helps someone.

Michael

P.S.: yet working on certbot to auto-renew without stopping the webserver ;)

achmetinternet

Explorer
Are there any news about an updated version of the plugin? I would really appreciate it since the above instructions don't help me :(

danb35

Hall of Famer
Status
Not open for further replies.