Update PHP for Nextcloud plugin in TrueNAS Jail

Foxtrot813

Cadet
Could anyone provide guidance on updating the PHP version for the Nextcloud plugin? Whenever I attempt to update it through the Jail by clicking the update button, Nextcloud rolls back to version 25. Consequently, I'm forced to go to the Nextcloud platform to update it again, but the PHP in the Jail still needs updating as well. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!Can someone please tell me how to update PHP for Nextcloud plugin? Every time I click update button in Jail, it rolls back Nextcloud to version 25 and I have to go to Nextcloud and update it again but I still have to update the PHP too in Jail.

Screenshot_2023-07-31_002953.png

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Did you install the plugin or is this a manual install?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
That does not answer my question ...

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
I know all of that. I need to know if he uses the plugin or if he did a manual install to help him for crying out loud.

I think it was installed the nextcloud through the plugin (jail). This is how I read the post "Could anyone provide guidance on updating the PHP version for the Nextcloud plugin?" above. I have the same challenge and am thinking about reinstalling in a VM.

victort

Guru
I think it was installed the nextcloud through the plugin (jail). This is how I read the post "Could anyone provide guidance on updating the PHP version for the Nextcloud plugin?" above. I have the same challenge and am thinking about reinstalling in a VM.
What you should do is have a look at my signature. I have links to many scripts that automatically install services in jails. Much much better than plugins. Oh, and Nextcloud is included:smile:

victort

Guru
And to the OP, if you installed using a plug-in, please back up your data, delete the plug-in, and install using the script I mentioned above.

IX Systems has said plugins are to be deprecated by 2025. More and more people are having issues with them.

Which makes me wonder, perhaps pinning that at the top of the forums would be a good idea.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Reinstall in a plain manually managed jail. Updates are much mich simpler, then. The plugins are unmaintained.

regs

Cadet
It's pretty sad to hear the Core is getting abandoned. Plugins are better that Apps in my opinion, as based plainly on packages. And there are far more of them.

victort

Guru
It's pretty sad to hear the Core is getting abandoned. Plugins are better that Apps in my opinion, as based plainly on packages. And there are far more of them.
Core is not being abandoned. Plugins are.

danb35

Hall of Famer
It's pretty sad to hear the Core is getting abandoned.
That's not what's being said. Plugins on CORE are getting abandoned, and for all practical purposes have been abandoned for years.
And there are far more of them.
Um, no. There are fewer plugins even than official Apps, and vastly fewer than the third-party apps available under SCALE.

DD4711

Contributor
Actually, it is sad. Nextcloud was announced and advertised as an official plugin for TrueNAS. If you install it, it runs for a short while until something like this comes up. Obviously it is hardly known what should be done then. At least that is the case with me. The plugins are obviously not maintained either. Solution? Reinstallation. I have already had to do that several times for such reasons.

Well.

Much discussion around that. But is it not possible to update PHP to 8.1 or 8.2 so that Nextcloud can continue to run? In any case, I would also be grateful if someone who has done this can share the procedure.

sretalla