Truenas Scale with Nextcloud setup help

lstef11

Dabbler
Hi Guys
Apologies if this has been spoken about before but I need some assistance with setting up Nextcloud with remote access on Scale, I have been trying for days and cant seem to get my head around it. Most of the links im finding is for Core or setting up a reverse proxy using traefik, but when I search for traefix on the truecharts it isnt there?

Im running Scale a Dell Power Edge r520 and Dream machine router, I have Pihole in a docker setup with a static ip and i would ideally like nextcloud to have static ip aswell but if that makes it more difficult im happy to scrap that.

I can install ether the official or the truecharts nextcloud and have them working locally no problem but can not for the life of me figure out how to set them up for remote access.

Can someone help me with a dummys guide to set this up from scratch please, the Scale setup is only fresh so im happy to scrap the current setup and start again if thats easier, i just need a basic idiots guide on how to setup, thanks guys.

LarsR

Guru
Traefik is there, but in a different train.
Add the "core" train to your truecharts catalogue and you should be good to go
also here is a install guide made by the truecharts folks on their youtube channel which goes over everything

lstef11

Dabbler
Traefik is there, but in a different train.
Add the "core" train to your truecharts catalogue and you should be good to go
also here is a install guide made by the truecharts folks on their youtube channel which goes over everything
I literally just found that option in the catalogue just before I seen your post lol, thanks mate. Looks like its installed and I can access the dashboard but still lost at this point. I thought I was doing ok when I was able to get the external storage mounted and permissions set but the rest seems to be over my head.

I think I found the YouTube clips your talking about but got lost at the cloudflare part, I thought it would be as easy as the plex setup, for that it was just install and port forward to the ip and port but this is a whole different story I guess.

truecharts

Guru
I literally just found that option in the catalogue just before I seen your post lol, thanks mate. Looks like its installed and I can access the dashboard but still lost at this point. I thought I was doing ok when I was able to get the external storage mounted and permissions set but the rest seems to be over my head.

I think I found the YouTube clips your talking about but got lost at the cloudflare part, I thought it would be as easy as the plex setup, for that it was just install and port forward to the ip and port but this is a whole different story I guess.

Please ensure you are following the right guides. Specifically: installing traefik, setting up certificates and setting up ingress.
It's slightly more complicated than Plex, but not that much worse :)

You need our quick-start guides, not the community guides, please refer to our website or discord support staff for more information.

taaangy234

Dabbler
I already have cloudflare setup, nginx proxy, but still struggles getting NextCloud SCALE App pass the trusted domain issue, and unable to find the config.php anywhere to add the external web address.

truecharts

Guru
I already have cloudflare setup, nginx proxy, but still struggles getting NextCloud SCALE App pass the trusted domain issue, and unable to find the config.php anywhere to add the external web address.
Hijacking old threads is generally bad practice.

If this is about our Nextcloud App, please file a support ticket with out support staff directly.