TrueNAS SCALE Bluefin 22.12.0 has been released!

eturgeon

Super Moderator
iXsystems
We are pleased to announce the release of TrueNAS SCALE Bluefin 22.12.0.

TrueNAS Bluefin 22.12.0 includes many new features and improved functionality. SCALE 22.12.0 here is some new features:
  • Rootless login authentication methods.
  • Apps bulk upgrade operation that updates installed applications with available updates.
  • New cloud sync provider: "Storj iX and Storj Application.
  • New Applications like Home Assistant, syncthing, Pi Hole, Qbittorrent, Photo Prism.
  • OverlayFS support for docker on zfs.
There is more see the release notes for more details.

Release Notes: https://www.truenas.com/docs/scale/scale22.12/#22120
Download: https://download.truenas.com/TrueNAS-SCALE-Bluefin/22.12.0/

Thanks for using TrueNAS SCALE! As always, we appreciate your feedback!

Last edited:

K.J

Explorer
The only thing I notice is after the release update is that Plex remains on deploying.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
The blog on Bluefin release is here: https://www.truenas.com/blog/truenas-scale-bluefin-is-released-into-the-wild/

Please read the Release notes regarding App volumes. There is a change to security when App data is shared via SMB or NFS.

Seen InKeySummaryWorkaroundResolved In
22.12.0N/AApp deployment can get stuck in validation when the Host Path is used between Apps and TrueNAS sharing services (e.g. SMB and NFS).Shared host paths are considered insecure and are not recommended. Review host paths used by Apps and Sharing services and adjust paths to be unique. As a last resort that can result in system and app instability, Host Path Safety Checks can be disabled in Apps > Settings > Advanced Settings.N/A

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
We've also had a lot of users start to notice the ability to create non-root administration users now. For those playing around with it, here's some documentation on how to set it up:

trekkie

Dabbler
One thing that surprised me, the bond0 I was using - something changed in that it DHCP'd with a new MAC so it didn't get its reserved address on reboot, was fixable, but was an unwelcome surprise :)

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
One thing that surprised me, the bond0 I was using - something changed in that it DHCP'd with a new MAC so it didn't get its reserved address on reboot, was fixable, but was an unwelcome surprise :)

Worth noting. Can anyone else confirm?
Perhaps the underlying Linux code changed. We should document if so.

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
I just upgraded to Bluefin release and all of of my apps vanished.
Wait a bit, it does have to do a migration before it brings them back up. Did you have a lot of them?

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Once the apps start coming back, you can click edit on one and look at the GPU section, see if the card is listed as being assignable.

tool_462

Cadet
Any suggestions for 1 App hanging on Deploying? It is the valheim app from TrueCharts. Everything else launched ok, Plex required me to disable "Enable Host Path Safety Checks" to launch but works great now.

Application Pod logs do not seem to exist for that particular App. Shows up blank and Download Logs pulls in a blank log as well. Other App logs seem to be fine.

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Any suggestions for 1 App hanging on Deploying? It is the valheim app from TrueCharts. Everything else launched ok, Plex required me to disable "Enable Host Path Safety Checks" to launch but works great now.

Application Pod logs do not seem to exist for that particular App. Shows up blank and Download Logs pulls in a blank log as well. Other App logs seem to be fine.
For now to get the logs you may need to re-login as the root user. Not sure why Valheim is failing without seeing log output.

tool_462

Cadet
For now to get the logs you may need to re-login as the root user. Not sure why Valheim is failing without seeing log output.

Thanks, tried that and also no luck. I'm not super comfortable with host path and storage settings in that container so not sure what else to try.

etrigan63

Dabbler
Good deal, let it run its course and when its done they should get all spun back up, but faster than before :)
I do not see any speed improvement in the deploying of Apps. My system should be able to handle this many.
AMD Ryzen 5 5600G (6 core/12 threads) 64GB RAM. The RTX3050 has appeared as predicted.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
I do not see any speed improvement in the deploying of Apps. My system should be able to handle this many.
AMD Ryzen 5 5600G (6 core/12 threads) 64GB RAM. The RTX3050 has appeared as predicted.

Just operate faster than before (overlayFS improvments)..... deployment time is mostly WAN related.