TrueNAS SCALE 22.12-RC.1 has been released!

D

DeletedUser67652

Last edited by a moderator:

LarsR

Guru
Only Problems i had post upgrade were related to apps using hostpaths.
Some apps did not deploy when the hostpath was set to the root Dataset. The Apps eventlog stated that sharing a root Dataset outside of a pool is not allowed. however this worked fine on angelfish.
The second error was that it's apperently no longer allowed to use the same path for hostpath of an app and smb share. Disabling the smb share let's the app start. Re-enabling the smb share after the app has started lets you use the same path again.

Were those intentional changes or are those bugs that need to be reported?

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Somebody on Reddit just asked the same question :) Cross-posting my answer here:

Yes, this is a new seatbelt to prevent foot-shooting when you have SMB shares + ACLS that containers may not play nicely with. If you want to bypass this safety check, you can do so by running the following commands, but note you are removing a safety check, use at your own risk! :)

truenas29# cli
[truenas29]> app kubernetes update validate_host_path=false

LarsR

Guru
Well this gave me a reason to clean up my Hostpath and Dataset setup :wink:
Did a bit of clean up and everything is back up and running.

biochron

Cadet
Yes, this is a new seatbelt to prevent foot-shooting when you have SMB shares + ACLS that containers may not play nicely with. If you want to bypass this safety check, you can do so by running the following commands, but note you are removing a safety check, use at your own risk! :)

truenas29# cli
[truenas29]> app kubernetes update validate_host_path=false
Thanks for the workaround!

Is there a solution to the other stated problem? My error message is:
Code:
Invalid hostpath /mnt/tank. Path must be a valid path under a given pool e.g `/mnt/tank/somepath` is valid whereas `/mnt` or `/mnt/tank` are invalid examples.