TrueNAS SCALE Bluefin 22.12.1 has been released!

eturgeon

Super Moderator
iXsystems
TrueNAS SCALE 22.12.1 has been released. It includes many new features and improved functionality that span initial effort for high availability (HA) feature support and improvements, and new or improved features in SCALE applications, services, ACLs, and shares. For more details, see the release notes.

Release Notes: https://www.truenas.com/docs/scale/scale22.12/#22121
Download: https://download.truenas.com/TrueNAS-SCALE-Bluefin/22.12.1/

Thanks for using TrueNAS SCALE! As always, we appreciate your feedback!

Highlights are in a blog tomorrow:

Bluefin Update Improves Stability and Reliability​

TrueNAS SCALE Bluefin inherits all the functional capabilities of Angelfish and adds many new features. This first update (22.12.1) includes many significant improvements and bug fixes that are listed in the release notes. Highlights include:

• Performance Improvements to further optimize various storage protocol workloads
  • SMB Share Proxy provides a redirect mechanism for making many TrueNAS SMB shares available in a common namespace presented by one TrueNAS system. This reduces the configuration needed for each SMB client.
  • Sudo fields are added to replication tasks to provide the correct privileges on remote targets.
  • Kubernetes Pass-through is provided with an Enterprise license and enables external orchestrators to control the Kubernetes API functionality within a node.
  • SSH Key Upload simplifies administration on TrueNAS via multiple users.
  • Rootless Login Bug Fixes & Improvements simplify administration by non-root users.
  • Validate Host Path in the SCALE UI is improved for the specific safety belt that warns of possible conflicts between Apps and sharing.
  • ZFS HotPlug Fixes and Other Improvements are provided through an update to OpenZFS 2.1.9.
  • 250 Bug Fixes (most are minor) with several having a significant impact on system reliability. After more community testing, we expect to recommend SCALE users to upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:

gwaitsi

Patron
is the .1 equivalent to the U1 release?

gwaitsi

Patron
every upgrade whether emby or truenas, breaks emby and leaves it stuck on deploying. I have already posted a number of times what needs to be changed in the deployment.yaml file and even created a support ticket (that was closed without resolution). it is very annoying to say the least

gwaitsi

Patron
i have another whinge (just call me Harry). Can't you add a "Reporting" page for the UPS? I don't think that would be too much effort for this highly talented team. But it saves me from going to pfsense, to look at the UPS status, of a UPS that is connected to Truenas ;-)

Rhinofart

Cadet
I'm happy to report my update to .1 went smoothly & it fixed 2 annoying little bugs in the UI I had with the previous release. On the Reporting page, my Auto-refresh wouldn't pull in recent data. It would only display data from the same time period 1 day prior. I would have to click on the - Magnifying Glass, and then on the + to display current data. THANK YOU!!! and also on the Dashboard, when I had the Widgets for Interfaces and Network showing. The Data In/Out of the Interface widget was reversed. Interface would show 740MiB/s OUT and on the Network Widget the 740MiB/s would be IN. They are now in sync, and my OCD has settled down.

Also, placing an order for that beautiful little TrueNAS Mini-R when the TaxMan sends me my refund. :) I can't wait to relegate my power-hungry Frankenstein Homebrew NAS box to a remote Replication target in a CoLo.

sammael

Explorer
i have another whinge (just call me Harry). Can't you add a "Reporting" page for the UPS? I don't think that would be too much effort for this highly talented team. But it saves me from going to pfsense, to look at the UPS status, of a UPS that is connected to Truenas ;-)
The UPS reporting haven't worked for years even back in Core, there were multiple issues on Jira and changelog notes that claimed it was fixed, but it never was or it worked for 1 update to be immediately broken by next one. Seeing as the team deems continuous power supply to a nas not of importance I stopped caring too, once a month I just stride into the kitchen and straight out pull the plug from wall to see if TrueNAS still knows it's on UPS.

gwaitsi

Patron
The UPS reporting haven't worked for years even back in Core, there were multiple issues on Jira and changelog notes that claimed it was fixed, but it never was or it worked for 1 update to be immediately broken by next one. Seeing as the team deems continuous power supply to a nas not of importance I stopped caring too, once a month I just stride into the kitchen and straight out pull the plug from wall to see if TrueNAS still knows it's on UPS.
I don't know if we are talking the same thing. I think nut is working fine, but there is no screen to get the UPS statistics.
When you install upsmon on pfsense, you can get all the UPS statistics e.g. s/n, battery voltage, power, etc. Seems to me, this shouldn't be a big lift to include a UPS page under the Reporting section.

sammael

Explorer
I don't know if we are talking the same thing. I think nut is working fine, but there is no screen to get the UPS statistics.
When you install upsmon on pfsense, you can get all the UPS statistics e.g. s/n, battery voltage, power, etc. Seems to me, this shouldn't be a big lift to include a UPS page under the Reporting section.
We are, but english is not my 1st language ;) Since there are no statistics in the Truenas reporting screen, I pull the plug once monthly to see if I get the email from Truenas about power switching to battery to confirm nut is indeed still working, since there are no graphs to look at, having the statistics in Truenas ui would be nice to get more insight into how much of the ups is free over a period of time etc.

gwaitsi

Patron
We are, but english is not my 1st language ;) Since there are no statistics in the Truenas reporting screen, I pull the plug once monthly to see if I get the email from Truenas about power switching to battery to confirm nut is indeed still working, since there are no graphs to look at, having the statistics in Truenas ui would be nice to get more insight into how much of the ups is free over a period of time etc.
you could just install upsmon, on a PC or some other kit you have running :wink:

LarsR

Guru
Truecharts has an app called webnut, which gives you the same output as upsc from console, but in a slim webbrowers window

speedtriple

Explorer
Truecharts has an app called webnut, which gives you the same output as upsc from console, but in a slim webbrowers window
SCALE used to have UPS readout from reporting-tab. Removed now, do not know when.
I see Truechart/webnut's using USB from UPS. My APC UPS only have LAN.

I get my UPS readout from Home Assistant/NUT-integration, which is getting UPS-data from TrueNAS SCALE and the built in UPS-service - with LAN connection.

bsamob

Cadet
With this update the qbittorrent app is broken for me. I used a separate folder on a dataset also serving for SMB and NFS shares. Since the OS was updated qbittorent does not start and does not allow to have the config changed if trying to select a folder serving shares. Any ideas or experienc with this issue?

heisian

Dabbler
With this update the qbittorrent app is broken for me. I used a separate folder on a dataset also serving for SMB and NFS shares. Since the OS was updated qbittorent does not start and does not allow to have the config changed if trying to select a folder serving shares. Any ideas or experienc with this issue?
I did not have any issues with qbittorrent - though I did need to uncheck Apps > Settings > Advanced > Enable Host Path Safety Checks to get things working.

keithsplace

Dabbler
Just an FYI I would be real causes about pulling the pug on a UPS with equipment connected. As an electrician and repair and salvage a lot of equipment and worked on and repaired many UPS's. By the way some UPS's are designed, without the ground prong connected to an actual earth ground you can get some really weird voltages back on the outlets, one literally knocked the you know what out of me.. Got to thinking about it and remember a PC I lost a power supply in was right after I had tested that very thing, by pulling the plug.
If you want to actually test it safely, turn the breaker off. That way the neutral and ground are still connected.

BigDMorty

Cadet
every upgrade whether emby or truenas, breaks emby and leaves it stuck on deploying. I have already posted a number of times what needs to be changed in the deployment.yaml file and even created a support ticket (that was closed without resolution). it is very annoying to say the least
It doesn't break Emby, just causes some headaches. I have the same problem (I assume) with my Plex app. I have to go into shares and disable SMB shares to deploy Plex, then re-enable the SMB shares. All works well after this. Have to do this after every time that the TrueNAS server shuts down or restarts. Annoying, but from my research they are aware of it, and have no intentions of "fixing" it, as this is how they designed it (or something to that effect)?

gwaitsi

Patron
It doesn't break Emby, just causes some headaches. I have the same problem (I assume) with my Plex app. I have to go into shares and disable SMB shares to deploy Plex, then re-enable the SMB shares. All works well after this. Have to do this after every time that the TrueNAS server shuts down or restarts. Annoying, but from my research they are aware of it, and have no intentions of "fixing" it, as this is how they designed it (or something to that effect)?
starting/stopping doesn't work for me anymore. it did when i first upgraded to bluefin. tried both charts core and truecharts on both plex/emby. scale may have been a step forwards in someways but has been a hell of a step backwards in others.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
No. It looks like you're just exploiting a bug in validation. That sort of thing is fragile (trying to use a bug to get around validation), especially when there's literally a checkbox in the GUI to disable the validation that you're working around.

I don't know who said we're not fixing it, but in general case we fix bugs when we find them.

Last edited: