Register for the iXsystems Community to get an ad-free experience and exclusive discounts in our eBay Store.

TrueNAS SCALE Announcement and Nightly Image Downloads

Western Digital Drives - The Preferred Drives of FreeNAS and TrueNAS CORE

jnickel

Neophyte
After getting it installed, everything just seems to work. Built my ZFS out of my 6 disk RAIDZ2 vDevs and presented it as iSCSI using the Wizard to VMware. I even pushed those other disks back in and extended the ZFS with an additional 6 disk vDev. All working. Interface looks pretty much the same as the TrueNAS one. I did have to remember to start the service for iSCSI as the wizard didn't start that for me, but otherwise - really nice! Performance seems very similar to TrueNAS - at least over iSCSI.

g3n3r1cl10n

I tried SCALE yesterday, also the latest nightly. The installation process goes well but if i try to boot the system, it just hangs on "loading initial ramdisk".
The system boots fine in recovery mode. Any suggestions? I did also open a bug report on jira but i don´t know if i did it right.

g3n3r1cl10n

Ah i forgot, Hardware is:

ASUS Z10PA-D8
2x Intel Xeon E5-2630V3
72GB DDR4 2400 ECC RDIMM

The Disks are a Bunch of SAS and SATA HDDS and SSDs on an LSI 3008 SAS Controller.

Freenas and Truenas core work well on the system, but as mentioned, SCALE boots only in recovery.