TrueNAS SCALE update issue - Angelfish

groveraus

Cadet
Currently testing and growing my knowledge of what appears to be a great product.

When I check for updates, I get this message;
Current Train: TrueNAS-SCALE-MASTER - Nightly builds for TrueNAS SCALE. Development version, for testing only. [nightly]
TrueNAS-13.0-MASTER-20200820-172912 -> TrueNAS-20.08-MASTER-20200824-012911

So I go sure, "Download Update", check "Apply update...", "Download". It goes through the update process and reboots.

I go back to check for updates again and I get a 404 error message
Current Train: TrueNAS-SCALE-Angelfish-Nightlies - Nightly builds for TrueNAS SCALE. Development version, for testing only. [nightly]
Error: 404, message='Not Found', url=URL('https://update.freenas.org/scale/TrueNAS-SCALE-Angelfish-Nightlies/manifest.json')

What I think I should be expecting is:

What can I do to look at the correct locations for updates?
Obviously I am able to go back to TrueNAS-13.0-MASTER-20200820-172912 and when checking for updates it gives me the next one available at "TrueNAS-SCALE-MASTER/manifest.json" yet it seems the update forces me to suggest an update of a location that does not exist, the public outside world anyway.

tmaone

Cadet
To add some details into the issue:
  • The "Apply Pending Update" does not seem to work, in case some would replace the update.sqsh in /var/... as is still tries to verify the hash towards the "Angelifish" Train manifest
  • The "Install Manual Update File" does not seem to upload any data either, in case someone tries to upload a recently downloaded nightly image.

groveraus

Cadet
Seems to be fixed, I have performed a few updates and it is working successfully.

Thanks for the quick response.

ornias

Wizard
Short explaination:
They changed the URL's yesterday but it takes some time to propagate correctly through all distribution systems ;-)