TrueChart PhotoPrism photo directory

GioNainf

Cadet
I'm new to TrueNAS, so still trying to find my way around. I may be using the wrong terminology here, so to be clear I am using TrueNAS SCALE with TrueChart.

Using TrueChart, I installed Photoprism. I assume that the photos are started inside the app container/jail by default. I would like the photos to be installed where I can access them via a SMB using a conventional file browser. I am not sure how to map the photo directory to directory outside of the app jail. The App settings provide the directory location of the photos, but when looking around in the app shell, I don't see that directory anywhere let alone a way to map it to and outside folder.

stavros-k

Patron
Here is all the defaults we apply on photoprism.

If you need any help with truechart apps, you can reach us on our discord, as we don't monitor these forums much.

9pol

Cadet
I'm new to TrueNAS, so still trying to find my way around. I may be using the wrong terminology here, so to be clear I am using TrueNAS SCALE with TrueChart.

Using TrueChart, I installed Photoprism. I assume that the photos are started inside the app container/jail by default. I would like the photos to be installed where I can access them via a SMB using a conventional file browser. I am not sure how to map the photo directory to directory outside of the app jail. The App settings provide the directory location of the photos, but when looking around in the app shell, I don't see that directory anywhere let alone a way to map it to and outside folder.
Have you found a solution yet?
I have a problem when i try to set host path.

truecharts

Guru
Have you found a solution yet?
I have a problem when i try to set host path.
Hi 9pol, if you're having issues with setting host path we have a video available that might be helpful, see below, which is taken from our Quick Guides at Truecharts.org

Otherwise we remain available via our Discord for direct support, you can find the link in our signature or our website

gothemknight

Cadet
I as well am a noob when it comes to truenas and nas systems, yet alone linux. I can't see to get Photoprism to see the mounted directory for just scanning and indexing. I found this on youtube, and wonder if you can give better insight.

gothemknight

Cadet
nevermind, the video did help, but because of language I didn't quite get what I was doing wrong until I kept trying. I figured out the issue on my own.

truecharts

Guru
nevermind, the video did help, but because of language I didn't quite get what I was doing wrong until I kept trying. I figured out the issue on my own.

Next time we would advice reaching out to our support staff on Discord instead.
We're not very active here..