Trouble with Plex Accessing SMB Share on TrueNAS SCALE

BartoszD

Cadet
Hello,

I'm currently facing issues with Plex, running in a Docker container on TrueNAS SCALE, accessing an SMB share I've set up. Despite numerous attempts, Plex does not seem to be able to see or access the files on the SMB share. Here's what I've done so far:

• I have set up an SMB share on my TrueNAS SCALE setup, and I can access it without any issues from other devices on my network.
  • I have installed Plex Media Server using Docker on TrueNAS SCALE. Plex is running, but I can't get it to access the SMB share.
  • I have tried setting the permissions on the SMB share to ensure Plex can access it. However, when I use docker inspect to check the user that the Plex container is running as, it shows "user 0", indicating that the Plex container is running as root.
  • Despite running as root, Plex is still unable to see or access the files in the SMB share.
  • I have checked network connectivity, and everything seems to be in order.
I would appreciate any assistance or guidance on how to resolve this issue. I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing regarding permissions or if there's something else I need to configure to allow Plex to access the SMB share.

Thanks in advance for your help!