How to give docker container access to SMB Share

tyharo1

Cadet
Hi all! I'm very new to TrueNAS and I am running into some issue allowing a docker container have access to a directory thats an SMB Share. I created a new local user called "docker" and gave it a password, checked "Samba Authentication", and added it to a user group that has access to Samba Auth as well. The user was then added to the ACL with full control for the SMB folder I'm trying to access. From here I added the folder path to the docker container "Storage" section. If I try to run the container I get the following error in the logs (<PATH> was add in place of the actual paths):
Code:
Error: Error response from daemon: invalid volume specification: '<PATH>': Invalid mount path. <PATH>. Following service(s) uses this path: `SMB Share`.

I've tried adding the "Docker" user ID and Group ID as apart of the "Configure Container User and Group ID" section of the container as well as checking "Privileged Mode" but no luck. The container has several other paths mounted but only the SMB dataset throws the error when mounting. If I remove the SMB dataset from the container storage the container spins up just fine. Am I missing something obvious here?

tyharo1

Cadet
After a night of rest and some new search terms I found a more current thread regarding this issue here. I'm going to try a few of the work arounds although none appear to be great solutions. Sounds like a possible maybe needed but there appears to speculation this is by design.