Exposing docker container files

cosminroger

Cadet
I have been fighting with this for some time now and I don't understand how and/or if is possible to expose files from a docker container under TrueNAS Scale. I am not using a chart for this, just simply using the "Launch Docker Image" button.

I have disabled the default load balancer and I am using MetalLB, in case this might be important (I don't see why, but hey, I might be wrong).

The image repository I am using is lissy93/dashy since the only chart I found for this is under the incubator train of truechart. That one mentions that it runs version 2.0.12, but there is not such version of dashy. And in general, I want to deploy the docker containers myself instead of using whatever charts might be out there.

I have also tried using USER_UID and USER_GID set to value 1000.

What I am trying to do is the expose "/app/src" to a local host path and be able to edit those files (changes must apply inside the docker container after save and also persist after restarting the container). It seems that if I am using the "Configure Host Path Volumes", it somehow replaces the files inside the docker container with whatever already exists in the folder. The intended behavior is to expose the files of the container and be allowed to edit them. I have tried other apps, but even if I managed to expose some files, the changes were not persisting and were reverted on reboot.

Victor87

Dabbler
Hi
Do you find any solution? I'm trying the same but whatever I do everytime after reboot it's deleted. After so many months the app is still in incubator. I believe that nobody work's to fix it.

sretalla