Tree Command in TrueNAS (FreeBSD)

mjayjock

Dabbler
I am very new and spending a lot of time on TrueNAS Core trying to get Plex (with Sonarr, Radarr and Sabnzbd) running. I think I got everything running except Sonarr which sees the files in my media pool but advises that it cannot connect. I looked for fixes and have found one that applies some commands. When I tried to apply the fixes I am obviously not typing the correct file structure into the commands that I have found. I think it would really help if I could see the various directory structures in TrueNAS inside and outside of jails. Looks like the tree command is just what I need but when I try pkg install tree in the TrueNAS shell it cannot be found. Any advice would be most appreciated.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
mc is already on there and gives you something similar.

mjayjock

Dabbler
Thank you! mc is pretty cool and it looked like it was going to give me what I need which was the subdirectories below /mnt/PlexPrograms/iocage ; however, it froze after iocage. Any idea why it did? BTW: PlexPrograms is the name of my pool for jails associated with Plex.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality

mjayjock

Dabbler
I appreciate your help on this. In general, I find TrueNAS Core to be pretty touchy but so cool.
I ran ms on the root which showed mnt then it showed me the structure under mnt and then under /mnt/PlexProgram. That is, when I clicked on PlexPrograms it showed me the directories under it including iocage. When I hit enter on iocage the program became unresponsive and I could not look further. Also, it would not let me back up into previous directories. It considered it "frozen".
Regarding your other comment, I provided the name of my pool because it is longer than 8 characters and has some capitals, I did not know if those aspects were relevant. From your question, I guess they are not.

sretalla