TimeMachine on a server with Two* interfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hassan Aftab

Dabbler
Hello guys!

My post is related to multiple NICs on the server and how AFP binds with them.
I have been using HP Mirco Server with LACP, and FreeNAS is primarily used as a TimeMachine server.

How it works: 2 NICs aggregated via LACP and AFP bound on this.

How it does NOT work: 2NICs aggregated via LACP and 1 separate NIC for management purposes.

In the second case, when I use a 3rd NIC in the server, the TimeMachine is only visible on the management network and never shows up on the LACP network, although I have tried binding them: 1) With both interfaces 2) Only with LACP network

Any suggestions as to where the problem will be?

I don't know what log/settings will be required for this. Please feel free to ask. Thanks

nojohnny101

Wizard
Post full hardware specs and FreeNAS version.

You are complicating things by LACPing your interfaces together. Any particular reason you did that?

Hassan Aftab

Dabbler
Hi

I am using HP ProLiant Micro G7 - http://www8.hp.com/nz/en/pdf/HP_ProLiant_MicroServer_tcm_194_1127013.pdf

It has an expansion slot with two extra interfaces.

I am using the most recent version of FreeNAS 9.10.2-U2

The reason I am using LACP is to benefit from multiple people using TimeMachine at the same time. Since we have a large user base of Mac clients.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 2.19.26 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 2.19.26 pm.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 356

nojohnny101

Wizard
What kind of networking equipment are you using?

Setting up LACP provides no speed benefit to my knowledge.

Hassan Aftab

Dabbler
Its a HP 1920 managed switch. I just want to benefit from the fact that we can have multiple people syncing large files over the network over a short period of time.

Do you think its creating a problem? When LACP is working in standalone, without a management interface, it totally works fine though.

I have tried without LACP as well and it works as expected. My point is if its an option and documented well in the guide, it should work right.

Status
Not open for further replies.