Test Plugin of MiniDLNA - Almost works perfectly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeschmuck

Old Man
William G. is on it, that is a good thing. I'm certain that once it works properly that he will create an updated MiniDLNA plugin.

Yatti420

Wizard
I havent had any problems testing 113_11 yet.. When I drag and drop new content into a test dir it works!.. Now to see if it can make it through my standard setup.. Previously on the test version while scanning it would crash at some point.. I posted details of this previously.. Hopefully will suceed with a scan..

Attachments

• minidlna11311.png
    minidlna11311.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 428

Yatti420

Wizard
Everything seemed to work great until my files were finished scanning.. Then it just crashes..

[2014/07/03 19:40:50] inotify.c:857: warn: kevent polling failure: Interrupted s ystem call
[2014/07/03 19:41:27] upnphttp.c:1890: info: Serving DetailID: 192 [/tmp/Gumball .mp4]
[2014/07/03 19:41:27] inotify.c:857: warn: kevent polling failure: Interrupted s ystem call
[2014/07/03 19:44:26] minidlna.c:1210: error: select(all): Bad file descriptor
[2014/07/03 19:44:26] minidlna.c:1211: fatal: Failed to select open sockets. EXI TING

I'm going to try with a small test dir and see if I can keep it running..

joeschmuck

Old Man
That is too bad that it failed, and your earlier post sounded promising. Let me know how it goes. It would be good to know if there is a file limitation issue and what that value is.

Were you streaming media while the scan was going on? Was it the first scan after starting up MiniDLNA or was it a scan triggered by a change in the media directory?

Yatti420

Wizard
I deleted my jail by accident..I will try again later.. The crash on 111 it wouldn't complete scan.. Now its scanning to the end as normal and then crashing.. I can stream during the scan BT when it completes it causes an issue.. Could still be kqueue related.. I know initially in my test Dir I could drop new files in and it would update the db never tried playing stuff however..

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk 2

joeschmuck

Old Man
Okay, so I loaded up FreeNAS 9.2.1.6-Release in a VM, created a plugin jail with NAT and VIMAGE turned off, SSH'd into the jail and did a "pkg install minidlna" (MiniDLNA 1.1.3) and then configured the "/usr/local/etc/minidlna.conf" file. Of course I shared some videos with the jail as well. Then to start the service I typed "service minidlna onestart".

It worked. I had three videos show up in my DLNA player. I copied one of the videos to another name and now had four videos show up. The rescanning worked fine.

While playing a video I copied a different video and the copy went fine. The MiniDLNA web screen updated as appropriate.

So at face value it seems to work but I don't have many files on my VM.

Yatti420

Wizard
The socket issue is bugging me.. Not sure on next steps to fix.. Other then that seems to work.. Its the ceasing after finishing scan that I can't figure out..

I'm using vimage as per std Jain setup.. Not running it causes slow discovery for clients I find..

Yatti420

Wizard
The The Impotence of Proofreading ;)

Google keyboard with aggressive autocorrect is good for me.. Sometimes I type to fast which can cause that.. It's alot better then how my messages use to come out with my phone..

Yatti420

Wizard
So I traced back one fatal crash to selecting upnp device via xbmc4xbox.. This causes a fatal crash with the following..

[2014/07/04 21:41:34] upnpevents.c:423: fatal: upnpevents_selectfds: file descriptor 8187 too big for select, limit is 1024

Oddly leaving clients running and re-launching minidlna causes the same issue immediately.. I think my setup is going to require alot of testing to narrow down the issues.. I think however this 113.11 should be the new testing version go forward..

Yatti420

Wizard

joeschmuck

Old Man
Looks like the kqueue with large libraries still causes issues here.. Sockets appeared to be one time issue probably from the crash from upnpevents.c:423: fatal: upnpevents_selectfds: file descriptor 8187 too big for select, limit is 1024 ...

Any idea how to increase this limit?

I just found this but no idea if it will work.. https://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-ports@freebsd.org/msg59259.html

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports-bugs/2013-December/268665.html
First, thanks for your diligence in locating the information.

So the first link states that Stefan has the long term solution working on his machine but he has not posted what the changes should be. And the second post is a workaround to simply increase the number of directories which can be monitored. That is assuming I read this correctly. Either way it's compiling source code, not a simple variable to add.

What would be nice is to obtain the fix using (poll) assuming it works. But I haven't compiled a program in a very long time so it would be up to someone who could do that. Or maybe Stefan could simply provide a compiled version as well. I have sent him an email requesting further details. If I get a message back, I'll pass it along.

shinsentoh

Cadet
Hi all,

I was wondering if it was possible to get it to work on freenas 9.2.1.5 on an x32 machine ? Thank you.

(didn't test uploading the amd64 version on my freenas 9.2 x32, cause i thought it could break something)

EDIT : RESOLVED :

I followed post #47 and it went all good on my FreeNas 9.2.1.5 x32 machine just perfectly works. Thanks all. Bye

joeschmuck

Old Man
I received this email from Stefan:
Hi Joe,

I have made the patch available at:

http://people.freebsd.org/~se/minidlna-poll-patch.diff

(to be applied with patch -p from within "/usr/ports/net/minidlna"
or without -p in the "files" subdirectory.)

This patch is what I'm using. It is not cleaned-up with regard to
(1) indentation and (2) reduction to functional changes only.

The reason for (1) is that I used diff with options to ignore white-space changes. Else, the patch would be much larger, due to indentation changes for large parts of the code, which is unmodified, else. The reason for (2) is that I added quite a number of debug messages for my tests and have not yet decided, which ones to keep or to remove. But these statements will be ignored, if you do not start minidlna with the "-d" or "-v" options, and they do not add much to code size or execution time.

> I am curious if you would provide further information on your changes
> and also provide a copy of a compiled/installable version for testing?
> I haven’t compiled anything in literally decades which is why I’d also
> like a compiled copy.

The compiled package (PKG_NG style) is now available from:

http://people.freebsd.org/~se/packages/minidlna-1.1.3_1,1.txz

This is the exact binary I'm currently using, built under -CURRENT.
It may just work on FreeBSD-9 (amd64), but you may need to extract manually extract it from the package file.

I understand, that this is not what you need for FreeNAS, but I do not know whether you want an *i386* or *amd64* FreeBSD-9 binary.
(I could build it for you in a poudriere jail, if you'd specify what you need ...)

Best regards, STefan

This is good news as we now have something to work with. I did ask him if he wanted any feedback because I don't want to force feedback on him if he doesn't want it.

Yatti420

Wizard
To confirm that package is minidlna 11311 with a custom (stefan) patch applied? Not the current kqueue included in the standard port?

Also if we can't use pkg_add how do we install from a local file?

Thanks,

joeschmuck

Old Man
I was hoping you would figure that out :rolleyes:

Maybe do an install of the current pkg and then over write the file(s) from the txz file? Just need to ensure it has the proper file permissions of course.

I haven't done anything myself, it's been a busy holiday weekend.

Yatti420

Wizard
I'm not sure if that is possible as it's just package metadata inside the txz..

fernicus

Cadet
Hi Joe. How do I access your FTP site? I paste the link in IE and it asks for the username and password but when I enter that it just goes to PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED.

fernicus

Cadet
I finally was able to download your plug in. I installed it but it gives an error. I also notice that it's not updating my videos. Is this not compatible for Freenas 8.3.1? Here is the error:

Nov 22 18:03:39 freenas notifier: Performing sanity check on nginx configuration:
Nov 22 18:03:39 freenas notifier: nginx: the configuration file /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
Nov 22 18:03:39 freenas notifier: nginx: configuration file /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf test is successful
Nov 22 18:17:23 freenas notifier: Performing sanity check on nginx configuration:
Nov 22 18:17:23 freenas notifier: nginx: the configuration file /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
Nov 22 18:17:23 freenas notifier: nginx: configuration file /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf test is successful
Nov 22 18:17:24 freenas manage.py: [plugins.utils:71] Couldn't retrieve http://10.0.0.77/plugins/minidlna/_s/status: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway
Nov 22 18:17:25 freenas manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:416] Couldn't retrieve http://10.0.0.77/plugins/minidlna/_s/treemenu: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway
Nov 22 18:18:04 freenas manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:416] Couldn't retrieve http://10.0.0.77/plugins/minidlna/_s/treemenu: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.