Amazon S3 replication / how to write a plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

b0redom

Dabbler
Hi,
Like quite a few people on here I'm using FreeNAS to hold backups of important docs/photos etc. I currently manually back this up to Amazon S3 (when I remember). Would anyone be interested in a plugin to allow this to be scheduled sort of like the cron/rsync settings?

I'm quite happy to write this myself if someone can point me at a plugin writing guide (and I can do it in PERL).

Tekkie

Patron
Cron job with perl would do the trick no? :)

Hi,
Like quite a few people on here I'm using FreeNAS to hold backups of important docs/photos etc. I currently manually back this up to Amazon S3 (when I remember).

I would be happy with notes on how you set up your S3 backups. Ideally detailing what you installed (and probably how, as I'm not familiar with BSD; I only know .deb packages) and how you configured it. :)

olo

Cadet
I'd also like to know how to setup FreeNAS with Amazon's backup services (especially with Amazon Glacier). Btw. it would be very nice to see Amazon Glacier support on FreeNAS.

clownphish

Dabbler
Yep, I'm interested in this! I was actually looking at doing something similar using Duplicity which currently has support for S3. Also has the advantage of being compressed and encrypted (which I'd want if I was storing my data on Amazon)

madmax

Explorer
This would be great either through a plugin or through 'How to Guide' especially for a newbie like me. I'm lost on trying do some kind of incremental remote backup on my freeNAS server and Amazon Glacier is something I was looking into using.

Status
Not open for further replies.